The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
A beautiful day has dawned. Bright clear and sunny skies. A great day for heading down the M65, almost in to Yorkshire 😱 ,to beat the Dingles. It's derby day in east Lancs and the mighty Rovers are at Turf Moor to hopefully beat the less than mighty Burnley. 😀

This morning's tasks. The first has taken sometime, being a mere man I'm not often allowed to use the TV remote:
  • Buy Sky day pass for the footie ✅️
  • Check account ✅️
  • Check stored credit card ✅️
  • Start ironing - next ✅️
  • 08.30 join Ticketmaster queue for Oasis tickets
  • Stare at laptop for hours to buy Oasis tickets
  • 12.15 give up on Oasis tickets and put the footie on! 🤣

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Walked Bruce. My weather station reckoned 9°C outside and I can believe it. Made my nipples go all hard.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

If ever you're down this way in the Summer, I can recommend going on the 'Exmoor Coaster' bus from Minehead to Lynmouth.
Only £2 each way - or free with your bus pass.
Cracking views and an 'interesting' ride, especially up Porlock Hill.

IMG-20240830-WA0003.jpeg

IMG_20240830_114908986_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240830_115532892_HDR.jpg

Busy day today fettling bikes and stuff.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
:hello: Morning, not much happening here Oh and it's 16c and cloudy

Yes Gods!!!
we have been going through everything we are down to do over the next week and a bit and it is horrendous
Yesterday we had the kids all day
tonight we are going to the theatre so see "something interesting my wife wants to see"
weekend not too bad
all next week we have at least one appointment every day
and last night I got 2 emails
The Food Bank people want me to investigate why a couple of them can;t log in to the computer in the new office - which is complicated as they worked fine when I tried them - so I will have to arrange to meet up with the actual people to see what they are on about (KBKAC???)

and the "IT Help Club" people who arranged for me to go to a library every week to help people - have decided that I am under-utilised and want to talk about me going somewhere else - which will involve delicate negotiation with the grand kids parents about there being a morning when I am not available for kid sitting.
Last time I did this it prompted a flurry of them needing us few Tuesdays when that was a day they never needed us
Oh - and once I commit to it they always forget
They do kinda assume we will fit in a fill all the gaps no-one else can sort out - then get upset when we say we are not around

also - I have a medical thingy and my wife has several treatments for nails and stuff before we go away the week after (don;t ask me what - I just nod sagely and ferry her there and back and hope it is at a time when cafes are still selling cake!!)

AT least the kids are back at school next week so we won;t be having them all day for a while!

Top Bottom