The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I got a letter telling me I might be in line for HRP home responsibility payments, in other words I might get a bit more because I stayed at home looking after my kids before going back to work and the DWP should have credited me for that time but didn't. I went online, filled in the questionnaire and got a reference number. Now all I have to do us wait, and wait apparently. Some have been waiting over a year for an answer. I won't hold me breath then. :laugh:

As I said, Sue got that Plus an allowance for looking after her Mum.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
We have an outbreak of rare Blue Sky today!

We shall be tackling the monster lawns that have grown like crazy during the last few weeks of rain.

As well as cleaning, the now filthy, outsides of our windows.

I would rather be hiking or biking tbh but some things just have to be done.

Due to the rain, we are way behind on our outdoor tasks this year.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
That's my bike sorted, and I've put some profile on my saddle. My bike is outside in the sun now.

Are you actually going to sit on it now? I should really make the effort, possibly Sunday looks promising as there’s an easterly wind which makes my usual routes easier coming home.

Just had a wander along to Aldi, mainly for oat milk and I got another bag of their granola and a Galia melon too. The Co-op only seem to have Watermelon in just now and I find it a bit tasteless compared to Galia or Cantaloupe.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Are you actually going to sit on it now? I should really make the effort, possibly Sunday looks promising as there’s an easterly wind which makes my usual routes easier coming home.

Just had a wander along to Aldi, mainly for oat milk and I got another bag of their granola and a Galia melon too. The Co-op only seem to have Watermelon in just now and I find it a bit tasteless compared to Galia or Cantaloupe.

I am ACTUALLY going to sit on it, and I will be riding a massive 4 miles to the Post box AND back.

If they introduce pay per mile, I might have to use it more often. :laugh:

An extra point - the lady on the phone asked if we looked after grand kids (kids also count) as well

apparently we could claim extra credit for that - but it HAD to be done before paying it

we decided not to bother as it is only 1 - 1/1/2 days a week mostly - and the parents might have to transfer some of their credit to us

and we just decided it wasn't worth the family political hassle to try to get that organised

Oh - and another point - last time I was unemployed for a while I was supposed to use the government gateway to recieve jobs from my "advisor" (who was useless)
it never worked so I ended up using another of my various old email addresses for that - so for a while I have 2 different gateway accounts - which is clearly impossible(!!)

that was a while ago - 8-9 years I think - but it is far from perfect - which is surprising for a government IT system!!!

as an little story - I used to work (when I couldn't avoid it) with someone who used to work on government IT systems

she was brilliant at producing reports with a LOT of details and volume
especially volume

not so great at technical details - which was a problem for a computer systems analyst
but she was great at reports
and going into great details at meetings

Putting together a whole team of people like her - although she was brilliant at her job in some ways - would be my idea of a horrendous team to work in!!!

Top Bottom