The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Pork and something today. Not sure what the something is though. And the neighbour bought us a couple of cakes from Greg's for doing the deed with the rabbit yesterday.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Happens all the time - the predicted dry spells seem never to occur as forecast here.

Our predicted heatwave has also diminshed overnight.

I don't know why we bother looking at the forecasts tbh.

Yes, I think I would prefer if the Weather Presenter just said “I haven’t a clue what the weather will be like tomorrow, likewise the day after” 😊

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Yes, I think I would prefer if the Weather Presenter just said “I haven’t a clue what the weather will be like tomorrow, likewise the day after” 😊

Since I last posted, the next 4 days here has changed again - a drop of 2-3°C against what it said earlier today for Fri to Mon.

On Monday it said we would be getting around 22-23°C across the weekend and now it's down to c18°C with lows much lower than even this.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Spaghetti hoops on toast for me. :laugh:

It stayed dry for a short wander. My neighbour across the road is busy clearing and cleaning her mum’s house who passed away a few months ago. She was just going in as I passed on my walk so I got in for a look. It’s a lovely substantial house but needing a fair bit of modernisation. Great potential for someone though.

The one with the white door.

IMG_0330.png

Mo1959

Legendary Member
A question for you.
If they get a tin of straight spaghetti how do they join the ends to make hoops?

I just had to google that! :laugh:

Same problem here. No passport, never held a credit card so would have to phone them. I’ll just take my chances and accept what I get. It’s only just over 8 months away now anyway.

You can still pay back years

Best to ring them up and see - they are very helpful when you get through

Oh - and phoning the pension people to check it out doesn;t requite much ID - it is the online version and the online payments system that is a pain in the whatsit!!!

I found that paying a lump sum now results in an increase that will pay it back within a few years
so well worth it if you plan on living for a while yet!!!

just phone when you have some time to spare on hold!!

best hurry upthough - once you claim it you're pension is fixed!

screenman

Legendary Member
Beautiful out there this morning, a totally clear blue sky, wonderful.
Spaghetti hoops on toast for me. :laugh:

It stayed dry for a short wander. My neighbour across the road is busy clearing and cleaning her mum’s house who passed away a few months ago. She was just going in as I passed on my walk so I got in for a look. It’s a lovely substantial house but needing a fair bit of modernisation. Great potential for someone though.

The one with the white door.

View attachment 743157

Not for me, I hear there is a woman that comes and goes at odd hours, often early in the morning.

Top Bottom