The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
They join the ends before they put them in the cans.
Hang on.
I have Sterlo telling me they grow on different trees and tbh that sounds reasonable.
Now you tell me they join the ends But don't say how they join them.
Who am I to believe??

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Always believe the other person.

I wouldn't trust anyone who believes anything I say

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Salut. Been very busy today. I put the partition up and bought an internal door for £10. I will put that up tomorrow. I need to order sheets of plasterboard now too . I can't do plastering so will pay someone to do that. Then, I will put down the laminate and finish off with the skirting.
When it is all done, we will have a sitting room at the front of the garage with a bed sofa and a little workshop at the back to store my bikes.
Really tired now but glad it is progressing well.

classic33

Leg End Member
Salut. Been very busy today. I put the partition up and bought an internal door for £10. I will put that up tomorrow. I need to order sheets of plasterboard now too . I can't do plastering so will pay someone to do that. Then, I will put down the laminate and finish off with the skirting.
When it is all done, we will have a sitting room at the front of the garage with a bed sofa and a little workshop at the back to store my bikes.
Really tired now but glad it is progressing well.
No kitchen or bedroom.

screenman

Legendary Member
Re SPs.
Things have possibly changed but.......
I retired aged 63 (nearly 6 years ago. I had worked since 15 so no probs.
MrsD had only limited contributions but they took into account looking after young children and later her poorly Mum.
Then it was a question of maths + a crystal ball eg how long would she live Vs what it would cost ie to pay for. 10 years would cost £x then it jumped up considerably.
So, finger in the air and then "pays your money and makes your choice". As things turned out we chose well.

Blimey, I thought you were a lot younger than 68, same age as me.

Top Bottom