The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. It’s just about light. I am browsing with a mug of decaf and Molly is having her breakfast.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees.
After an early dog walk, we are off to see our son's new house between Amersham and Chesham. In reality MrsP wants to be nosey.
They completed on it finally on Friday, it only took nine months. They put their offer in last November, the people at the top of the chain had problems so it held everyone up.
No doubt it will cost me lunch whilst we are out.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Morning folks :okay: Well that'll learn me for overdoing it last week! too much grinding and not enough spinning hurt my knee :rolleyes: its getting better but will have to spin more :okay:
Re- blood tests, of course its a prick! i had a laugh with my GP last time i had a blood test and what Doc Martin would say..."youre gonna feel bit of a prick" and "get out" "next patient"! :laugh:

Good morning all, cool and grey and breezy here, rain forecast. Practically autumn. I moved to Edinburgh at this time of year exactly 30 years ago, I couldn’t believe how quickly the summer ended !

Another discovery on ITVX has been McDonald and Dodds, an absolute joy, and the three leads are just excellent. Despite the murders, Bath looks a lot more genteel than Edinburgh :smile:

PaulSB

Squire
Hello! Sort of greyish. Nondescript. Then there's the weather. Today? Gosh it's exciting.
  • Stretches + exercise bike 👏 IMPORTANT
  • Put washing away
  • Send emails
  • A few chores
  • Ring for GP appointment re knee
Importantly I'm meeting my cycle buddies for coffee. I will have the world's finest toastie. This PM I'm seeing my PT and popping into a local physio to see if I can arrange an assessment. There are several things here which show a renewed determination to get fixed up.

Booked a week's holiday in Croatia last night.

@Dave7 you sound much more your old self the last few days. 👍

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Hello! Sort of greyish. Nondescript. Then there's the weather. Today? Gosh it's exciting.
  • Stretches + exercise bike 👏 IMPORTANT
  • Put washing away
  • Send emails
  • A few chores
  • Ring for GP appointment re knee
Importantly I'm meeting my cycle buddies for coffee. I will have the world's finest toastie. This PM I'm seeing my PT and popping into a local physio to see if I can arrange an assessment. There are several things here which show a renewed determination to get fixed up.

Booked a week's holiday in Croatia last night.

@Dave7 you sound much more your old self the last few days. 👍

Talking of Croatia, I read last night that it is supposed to be the safest place in Europe so enjoy.

Top Bottom