The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Off to Boston Lincolnshire, I must try and not go near the Eastern Eruopean supermarkets and buy cakes and bread.

PaulSB

Squire
Hmm. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's Monday morning. Called the GP practice. First after the message the call auto-terminated. Tried a second time. "You are #19 in the queue. Would you like to activate call back?"

YES! I certainly would. 🤣 Importantly I made the call. This is a big step. Getting motivated again has been tough. The driver is my PT. She is first a longstanding good friend. I know exactly what, and how, she will say to me. So I better shape if I want to be able to look her in the eye.

Anyway. Got the call back. It basically went like this.

Me"I was in an RTC a few weeks ago and my knee is still very swollen. I'd like to see a doctor "

Reception: "Are you in any pain, any difficulty breathing or are you bleeding?"

classic33

Leg End Member
Hello! Sort of greyish. Nondescript. Then there's the weather. Today? Gosh it's exciting.
  • Stretches + exercise bike 👏 IMPORTANT
  • Put washing away
  • Send emails
  • A few chores
  • Ring for GP appointment re knee
Importantly I'm meeting my cycle buddies for coffee. I will have the world's finest toastie. This PM I'm seeing my PT and popping into a local physio to see if I can arrange an assessment. There are several things here which show a renewed determination to get fixed up.

Booked a week's holiday in Croatia last night.

@Dave7 you sound much more your old self the last few days. 👍
Who's "old'?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Off to Boston Lincolnshire, I must try and not go near the Eastern Eruopean supermarkets and buy cakes and bread.

I spent the first 9 months of my life in Boston - can't remember a single moment of it. :rolleyes:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
This week's weather forecast:

1000010144.jpg

The real feel (second row) temperatures are very low.

The 9° tomorrow is at 10pm and on Saturday is at 7am.

Astonishing for August, especially as the planet is burning.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
And the showers have started :rain:

The rain is due to get here around midnight.
The dog has been walked and we collected another kilo of blackberries from the bushes over the fields. They are delicious at the moment.
I'm surprised that more people aren't over ther collecting free food, especially as the schools are off. It would give the youngsters something to do, and might be a bit educational at the same time.
Or am I hoping for a bit much that kids, or their parents might want to get out in the fresh air and do something constructive with their time.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hello! Sort of greyish. Nondescript. Then there's the weather. Today? Gosh it's exciting.
  • Stretches + exercise bike 👏 IMPORTANT
  • Put washing away
  • Send emails
  • A few chores
  • Ring for GP appointment re knee
Importantly I'm meeting my cycle buddies for coffee. I will have the world's finest toastie. This PM I'm seeing my PT and popping into a local physio to see if I can arrange an assessment. There are several things here which show a renewed determination to get fixed up.

Booked a week's holiday in Croatia last night.

@Dave7 you sound much more your old self the last few days. 👍

Thank you. Trying to eat more and drink (alcohol) less. Plus I think the vitamin B12 may be kicking in.

Top Bottom