The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I sold our motorhome a couple of years ago and all this year Mrs D has been moaning because we haven't been away in this nice weather.

So tomorrow I'm going to look at a newly pro converted VW camper, see if speding my last shekels and selling my soul to the devil will shut her up.

https://www.redline-campers.com/p/used-campervan-redline-sport-xs-skf-highline/#vehicle-finance

To be fair, since mrs Ds Mum passed away she's been very much of the "you only live once" school of thought.

And she ain't wrong.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Hi folks :okay: a rest day today as i must have done about 180 miles this week over hilly terrain.
Thought i would put in some new brake blocks, i tend to replace a good while before theyre really gonzo. Anyhow one of the blocks in the packet had a dirty thread which was much shorter...probably been snapped off. Sent a message to seller to send another but wont be using this company again!
pic- good one next to bad
View attachment 741373

Were they supposed to be used? They don't look very new to me.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Were they supposed to be used? They don't look very new to me.
I wouldnt buy used blocks :laugh: The 3 ok blocks are just simple blocks without any flashiness like some makes and look a bit crude i suppose, the bad one hasnt any visible wear but has been put on a bike going by the dirty thread.
I get through a lot of blocks and have been trying different ones. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115109316215

Last edited:
I sold our motorhome a couple of years ago and all this year Mrs D has been moaning because we haven't been away in this nice weather.

So tomorrow I'm going to look at a newly pro converted VW camper, see if speding my last shekels and selling my soul to the devil will shut her up.

https://www.redline-campers.com/p/used-campervan-redline-sport-xs-skf-highline/#vehicle-finance

To be fair, since mrs Ds Mum passed away she's been very much of the "you only live once" school of thought.

Look at that sort of thing many years ago

We did hire one for a long weekend and it was fine - took it to a converter place we knew and asked how much to convert a good van if we found one
He went over the hireone and pointed out all the things he wouldn;t do

Seems like there are converter and converter - but I am sure you know that

I do think it would be a great way to travel around - but the campsite fees do seem to be excessive in a lot of places
I we thinking about a weekend camping - just me I need alone time - a while ago in a small tent on a basic campsite i know
daily fees for a small tent and a car was more than a B&B in the local town!!!!

classic33

Leg End Member

We did hire one for a long weekend and it was fine - took it to a converter place we knew and asked how much to convert a good van if we found one

I do think it would be a great way to travel around - but the campsite fees do seem to be excessive in a lot of places
I we thinking about a weekend camping - just me I need alone time - a while ago in a small tent on a basic campsite i know
Wild camp, if you're an early riser!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Very much depends where you go, when you go, and, what you want. Uk is expensive compared to Europe. But, quite possible to find small sites, for £18 - £25 / night, in UK. In Europe 20-25Euro/night will get you a site with pool, plus, there are many free, or really low cost stops, particularly in France and Germany.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Luckily, I don't fall in that category.

Attachments

• IMG-20240802-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240802-WA0000.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom