The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had my first earlier this week. Very good.

I miss having a pint when we go out
I found that if I had just one drink then I would just want another one - but as I am the only one that can drive us home I found it better to just have Diet Coke

I tried low/zero alcohol beer ages ago but didn;t like any of them - and they were damn expensive - so I gave up

Might be time to try again!
(but not Guinness - one of the few beers I have tried that I don't like!)

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Mornings chaps and chapesses.
Hopefully back to the old Friday routine ie cleaner coming at 10 and I will go for a lunch time drink with neighbour/friend (I am going to try zero alcohol Guinness.,

Good for you. Alcohol can inhibit your B12 levels which I think you said you had been put on so it makes sense to either avoid or cut back a bit if you can.

It’s feeling quite fresh and almost autumnal here this morning but I enjoyed my walk. Just finished my muesli and Miss Molly has plonked herself on my lap but I need my cuppa so she’ll need to move I’m afraid.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I miss having a pint when we go out
I found that if I had just one drink then I would just want another one - but as I am the only one that can drive us home I found it better to just have Diet Coke

I tried low/zero alcohol beer ages ago but didn;t like any of them - and they were damn expensive - so I gave up

Might be time to try again!
(but not Guinness - one of the few beers I have tried that I don't like!)

I had a zero (think it was Heineken) Last week. I think Mo's cats pee would taste better.
My son runs a pub and reckons SanMigel zero is excellent.

PaulSB

Squire
You will miss that Szmodics when he goes.
I'm hoping he doesn't but we will see. It's really just a question of how big a gamble will Ipswich take. He's a great lad to have around the place and in the team but PL striker?????? Don't forget +/- 60 goals in previous nine seasons, 27 last season. He's 29 years old. I think it would be a big gamble for Ipswich.

PaulSB

Squire
I had a zero (think it was Heineken) Last week. I think Mo's cats pee would taste better.
My son runs a pub and reckons SanMigel zero is excellent.

Yep, I can vouch for cat pee, not Molly's, but it would definitely be better than Heineken zero. I'm OK with Peroni zero, though it's obvious it is zero. I've tried Brewdog and that may have come from the same cat. I'll probably have another Guinness tonight. Oh, and Budweiser xx(xx(xx(

Low alcohol bubbles can be good. I do like Freixenet zero. Good value.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yep, I can vouch for cat pee, not Molly's, but it would definitely be better than Heineken zero. I'm OK with Peroni zero, though it's obvious it is zero. I've tried Brewdog and that may have come from the same cat. I'll probably have another Guinness tonight. Oh, and Budweiser xx(xx(xx(

Low alcohol bubbles can be good. I do like Freixenet zero. Good value.

Daughter has got me a Becks Blue to try.

PaulSB

Squire
Daughter has got me a Becks Blue to try.
Yes, I think we've had that.

If anyone is in to zero alcohol gin, let me know. I have a bottle of Tanqueray Sevilla Zero...................free to good home..........well any home. It's good for recycling the bottle.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Mornings chaps and chapesses.
Hopefully back to the old Friday routine ie cleaner coming at 10 and I will go for a lunch time drink with neighbour/friend (I am going to try zero alcohol Guinness.,

One of my drinking pals is a regular Guiness drinker (if not driving). If he is driving, he has Guiness zero. He says he cannot tell the difference in taste.

Drago

Legendary Member
I sold our motorhome a couple of years ago and all this year Mrs D has been moaning because we haven't been away in this nice weather.

So tomorrow I'm going to look at a newly pro converted VW camper, see if speding my last shekels and selling my soul to the devil will shut her up.

https://www.redline-campers.com/p/used-campervan-redline-sport-xs-skf-highline/#vehicle-finance

To be fair, since mrs Ds Mum passed away she's been very much of the "you only live once" school of thought.

Last edited:

Chief Broom

Veteran
Hi folks :okay: a rest day today as i must have done about 180 miles this week over hilly terrain.
Thought i would put in some new brake blocks, i tend to replace a good while before theyre really gonzo. Anyhow one of the blocks in the packet had a dirty thread which was much shorter...probably been snapped off. Sent a message to seller to send another but wont be using this company again!
pic- good one next to bad
DSCF6001.JPG

Top Bottom