The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Exlaser2

Veteran
More all . Mrs exlaser and I are enjoying the joys of sunny north Northamptonshire and the warm welcome of Hollowell sailing club. It’s the British moth national championship time again.
The sun is out , it’s windy but not too windy and the catering is good . As Mrs exlaser spare boat is away being mended am not sailing which is fine as watching is a lot less frustrating than actually sailing .
Have a good day everyone, we are just about to leave the house now as they are serving bacon batch’s in about half an hour 😀

Mrs exlaser is in the green boat. 😀

F8DBD2D8-C2FA-4E9C-A7E0-EC76C3B50AEA.jpeg

E25076EB-8935-4043-BFFC-36870E4DD3FC.jpeg

8CF6FD23-07B3-4837-8BA9-D611965670F0.jpeg

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. Rain forecasted later on so Mrs G wants me to turn over a corner of the front garden before it does. Before that, I need to take Molly for a walk so, with a bit of luck, the rain might come soon and it will be a good excuse for not doing it. That's my cunning plan anyway.

screenman

Legendary Member
Funny how we are all so different. While I have enjoyed the company of my old neighbour for a few days, I am also quite glad that she’s going home this morning and my routine gets back to normal.

Just weighed myself and happy to see our meals out haven’t caused any weight gain. Actually down a pound. :laugh:

I can understand that, but I can feel very lonely in a crowded room, I bet Dave feels the same. I am still losing weight, which I am pleased with.

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye, I'm on prescription co codamol for my foo5 but I'm taking them sparingly for that reason.

Trying to sort out the medications they sent me home with eg what must I take.and what is optional eg they have given a laxative.. I DO NOT NEED THAT.
One is for pain.......been pain free for 3 days. etc.

Best to be prepared - if you have them you can use them if you need them
if you don;t then you will end up needing them just after the shops close!

Anyway- glad to hear thing are getting back to normal

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Due to a lack of any other plans I am off to Lidl to do some shopping, no booze will be purchased this week, 4 days dry now.

Just about to head out for some bits and pieces too. We have an Aldi and a Co-op here, and although Aldi is obviously cheaper there’s still certain things I like from the Co-op so might have to make two trips. I don’t really want to take the car for such a short journey.

Top Bottom