The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Afternoon folks :okay: Had a very enjoyable ride over the hills this morning. I dont really think of myself as being competitive but...when another cyclist appears in my mirror i try to stay ahead :rolleyes: ok i know its ridiculous but i guess most cyclists appreciate the scenario ^_^ Anyhow he/she wasnt catching me and then after a few miles and a series of steep hills i was gaining ground! :hyper:then up onto a plateau and a steady descent. Ai this point i twigged the bike had taller gearing and was catching up and started to loom in my mirror, as the game was up i waved to signify i could see him about to come by. The guy pulled alongside and said 'Hi 'and 'very good' before riding away on his road bike... ^_^ still life in these old legs! :laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member
Another 5 episodes on Yellowstone under my belt. Giving my eyes a rest now.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I ve cut the grass, done ten miles on the bike, stopped at the supermarket on the way home for some bottles of ale and just done one of the most tedious of all bike fettling jobs. Picking all the tiny flints and glass particles out of the tyres on my Audax wheels. The rims were very mucky as well so they got a clean up.

Been out and done some bits on the bike as well

had to fix the puncture on the front tube from the other day - used a self adhesive patch which don;t normally work for me
but I pressed it closed firmly with a g-clamp and left it for a few hours
We shall see if that works!
WHile I was at it I put some sealant into the new tube which is now in the front - hopefully if this happens again that will stop me having to change the tube while I am out!

did a quick clean of the chain and gear cogs while I was at it and brushed all the mud from the underside of the mudguards - which should reduce the weight by a few kilos!!

classic33

Leg End Member
Accrington might the cowboy hat centre of the universe.We can always ask a certain person.
You're getting it mixed up with Rochdale!

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
My gob is smacked.
The Doc has just been to see me. Apparently all these drips have worked thier magic super quick and he wanted to send me home.
I said not until I have had the ultra scan and it shows my liver and intestines are ok. The potassium which was life threatening is now normal.
Looks like I will be home in a day or 2.
Again, i thank everyone for the support.

Great news, glad to hear you're on the mend.

Top Bottom