The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Off out to walk some chalk escarpments today.
Trying to avoid going anywhere near Stonehenge which is about 8 miles away from where we are pitched up.
Went to look at Woodhenge yesterday but the parking was all temporarily fenced off to stop the hippies camping there. :sad:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

Off out to walk some chalk escarpments today.
Trying to avoid going anywhere near Stonehenge which is about 8 miles away from where we are pitched up.
Went to look at Woodhenge yesterday but the parking was all temporarily fenced off to stop the hippies camping there. :sad:

Stonehenge got painted yesterday ....well not all of it :cursing:

pawl

Legendary Member
Got my car back.
Regarding going abroad, I have been to many countries, as far as Australia. Now, I am quite happy just to stay here, travelling doesn't appeal to me anymore.

I have.been abroad First time was Majorca in1966 Cost 50 Guineas for two weeks.

I have in recent years been to Portugal several times and is my favourite.Belgium twice France twiceWhy I went twice as I didn’t particularly enjoy the first visit

We can no longer do with the hassle of driving to the airport.and messing around going through customs.Rather spend my money in this country rather than the EU

EDIT The one trip to France I’d did enjoy was to Brittney. We were camping.Great scenery and the people we met and friendly and gave us lots of information of places to visit

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Crikey, we don't get our Winter solstice until 8.57 am tomorrow 21 June. 18.00 Thursday atm.

A question for you.....2 in fact.
What's it like permanently living upside down.
And what stops you falling off the planet :blush:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have.been abroad First time was Majorca in1966 Cost 50 Guineas for two weeks.

I have in recent years been to Portugal several times and is my favourite.Belgium twice France twiceWhy I went twice as I didn’t particularly enjoy the first visit

We can no longer do with the hassle of driving to the airport.and messing around going through customs.Rather spend my money in this country rather than the EU

EDIT The one trip to France I’d did enjoy was to Brittney. We were camping.Great scenery and the people we met and friendly and gave us lots of information of places to visit

We had many good holidays in France. Mainly down south but we also 'did' Paris. I also went to Paris 3 times on business. Can't fault it really.

Top Bottom