The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
You may need to see a doctor for that.:ohmy:
Stopped now, for the time being.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We never got them here until relatively recently. Lots now. They are quite attractive but are prone to stealing smaller bird’s eggs and chicks I think?
A now retired farmer called Charlie Allen from Aberdeenshire who was at Glasgow University the same time as me reckoned they destroyed vast numbers eggs and chicks of smaller birds. He hated them so much he set traps and killed as many as possible in his area.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
How I spent most of my day. MVCoruisk coming into Craignure with mountains of Lochaber in the background.
E41C1D25-8BC0-4D72-B019-9F6BE278886E.jpeg

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Blooming lawnmower has given up the ghost. Only lasted about 25 years or so.
Hopefully it's replacement will last the same and by then we will all have robots cutting the grass. That or summers are so hot that the grass ignites itself and we don't need to mow.

You can get a "robot' lawn-mower. Not sure how effective they are. see here ;)

pawl

Legendary Member
Blooming lawnmower has given up the ghost. Only lasted about 25 years or so.
Hopefully it's replacement will last the same and by then we will all have robots cutting the grass. That or summers are so hot that the grass ignites itself and we don't need to mow.

Take it back to the supplier Ask for a replacement as the current on is not up to standard 😡😡😡

D

Deleted member 1258

It turned out to be a profitable evening down the club, I won forty quid on the bingo then we won a food parcel on the raffle, and as a bonus the was a bag of licorice alsorts in the food parcel, Bertie Basset ones, I'm going to enjoy those one afternoon.

Top Bottom