The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning all - I think it's today, possibly Monday though it may be yesterday's tomorrow? Am I getting the hang of this?

Anyway. 'Tis grey and damp with a 40-50% chance of rain. Despite this I'm currently committed to a ride. The buggers have moved the start point - it's 11 miles away but have to admit it's the best for everyone! Crossing the border today in to Cheshire with Knutsford our destination - not sure I can afford coffee down there.

Back later. Stay safe.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning all.
Just pinched myself and I am definitely here ......I think.
A very damp day is on the cards with thundery showers forecast for later.
I will phone the Doc at 08.15 and report back.
Paul........when you get a chance let me know your route. From my house there is a lovely country ride to Knutsford.......enjoy

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees.
Another week starts. Oh the excitement. :bravo:
Damp and misty outside. I have an appointment at the opticians for an eye test as it was due back in April. Plus the lenses in my specs are knackered. The coating has slowly coming off since early April so will need to be replaced.
That will also give me the opportunity for a bimble on the bike with some shopping for a few essentials and the opticians on the way back.
The garden has been well watered the last few days and the tomatoes are starting to swell with a few more ripening off.🍅🍅🍅
Dog walking soon and then breakfast
Happy days.🌈

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Hitching up in a couple of hours and towing down to Dartmoor.
After we've set up we shall be lunching in Moretonhampstead. :hungry:
We've got 3 nights on this site, then moving on to Bodmin Moor for 4 nights.
Back home then for a week before we set off again for 3 weeks around Somerset.

Yesterday, I spent all morning cleaning the car.
?
This morning, we have torrential rain, leaves a debris everywhere, so, that was a waste of time. ;)
Don't you know it always rains after you clean the car!

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

Following Saturday's adventures I had a lazy day yesterday, fell asleep on the sofa twice, ate cake and had an early night.
I'm ready to face the week, a trip to Weymouth is on the cards for Thursday, catch up with a good friend and check out a new Veggie cafe/bar 🍺
It's going to be a damp Dorset this week ☔☔

Have a lovely peaceful day folks ☔🚣‍♀️🧜‍♀️🏃‍♂️🚴‍♀️🚶‍♀️☔

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning all fellow retirees.
Another week starts. Oh the excitement. :bravo:
Damp and misty outside. I have an appointment at the opticians for an eye test as it was due back in April. Plus the lenses in my specs are knackered. The coating has slowly coming off since early April so will need to be replaced.
That will also give me the opportunity for a bimble on the bike with some shopping for a few essentials and the opticians on the way back.
The garden has been well watered the last few days and the tomatoes are starting to swell with a few more ripening off.🍅🍅🍅
Dog walking soon and then breakfast
Happy days.🌈
I do not wish to read about your tomatoes :sad:
Mine are growing well but still decidedly green.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. Bit overcast at first but brightening up now. I had a lovely early wander along a quiet back road then cut through the golf course and back home. I noticed the swallows are starting to gather and maybe thinking about heading home soon.

Top Bottom