The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
Well we've done the Whitworth Gallery which was as good and varied as ever. Great lunch in the cafe. A couple of textiles which caught my eye from the Islamic exhibition.

IMG_20190906_140800176.jpg
IMG_20190906_140324091.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
CCTV now up and running. Waiting for one more lead then Mrs D can check it from her smartphone.

classic33

Leg End Member
You've lost me on that one.
One side is wrong.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Terrible problem. Tomorrow is forecast to be the only decent cycling day for the next week at least. If dry I also have the grass to cut. Just got a phone call inviting me out fishing for mackerel and pollack as again the only decent day for weeks now. We tend to go fishing off Ardnamurchan where the swell can be “ interesting” and a bit dodgy in bad weather. I think fishing wins.

Cavalol

Legendary Member
Locked out of my garage the last week or so, thus no access to scooters or the cycles. The weather has been pretty rubbish, but fancied a few miles on the Lambretta and then a loop of the Millennium Path on one of the cycles.
Hey ho, it's given me all week to sort the leaking radiator on the XJ-S (which I haven't done!) then to buy this...

nc_oc=AQkL2BD91eYT48Im93siMhE3mVTFAhVY8PhjAle2BYGzA46uU8MYRnw4zuHHHM8EgZQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

Which had only done 12,000 miles from new. Started cleaning it up, and on Tuesday it went for it's first MOT in 2 years. Couple of CV gaiter things and two rear springs later, it passed again. Had a new cam belt kit and drive belt fitted, then carried on with the cleaning. About four (not full) days of buffer/polish/elbow grease later...

nc_oc=AQnwDroV-M8uVYxOikh3mtF9tLlaaek8L-xrJxTJ0TdgNoqrpyH9rcSyk8xuW3htlfs&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

Quite pleased with that. Then the P100 pick-up and the Suzuki GT250 were put into a deal with this...

nc_oc=AQn46SPd_WirJ6eJbI7ndeMM3BBmffGa4Y_ruNBfvSae6bAgiJ3wS543egscVRHTlKQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

..which I sort of surprised myself with, as I actually cannot stand VWs, especially Golfs and these things. Oh well, it'll keep me amused for half an hour until something else catches my eye.

Top Bottom