The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all, no swim today as the dreaded vertigo is still enjoying being part of me.
That's one sport/hobby that I don't enjoy. I can barely swim and am a bit scared of water to be honest.

We are in for a day of rain but the rest of the week is looking decent.

screenman

Legendary Member
I know what you mean.........after a hard run or cycle it must be bliss to do a few relaxing lengths of a pool in the warm water with no real strain on the body.

I normally do at least 80 lengths 4 times a week, it can be a strain on the shoulders, but way different from a hard run or ride, it is getting the brain in the right place is the problem as any negative thoughts seem to magnify when I swim.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all, back from Suffolk. It's a lovely county. One walk we did was along the coast our past Sizewell towards Mimsmere bird reserve. The walk took us past Sizewell B nuclear power station. The A plant closed some years back.
20190622_123433.jpg

PaulSB

Squire
Hello! Woke at 3.00 to pouring rain and strong winds. Ride cancelled I thought. Back to sleep till 7.15 and we have a brightish, calm day and 16C. Ride on.

We've gone a bit retro with our rides. Yesterday was roads I hadn't been on in 2-3 years. Today is a cafe I haven't been to in possibly 4 years

Last edited:
Top Bottom