The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I think I'm OK.....just

Would you recommend it as a good way to lose weight? ^_^

velohomme

Retired 6 years ago after 14 years in the RN and 35 years working offshore and abroad. Last job in Vietnam. Thought I'd miss it. Really?
Down in France at the moment. Did a Pre lunch 30 miler and tried yet again the only climb around here that's beaten me. Failed yet again. Ah well.
Is there an e bike in my future?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Lunch report:

Excellent Sunday roast at the White Hart in St Keverne.
We had the 'small portion' option at £6.95. Roast beef, Yorkie, roast taters and six veg.
Don't think I could have managed the normal sized one!
The Guiness is excellent, as is the Skinner's 'Porthleven' IPA - albeit a little pricey at £4.00 a pint.
All in all I'd give it a 9.8 out of 10. :okay:

View attachment 461293
Looks good. As you say £4.00 a pint is pushing it....... I walked passed a Marstons pub today and the sign outside read "draught bitter £2.75 a pint all day every day".

classic33

Leg End Member
Lunch report:

Excellent Sunday roast at the White Hart in St Keverne.
We had the 'small portion' option at £6.95. Roast beef, Yorkie, roast taters and six veg.
Don't think I could have managed the normal sized one!
The Guiness is excellent, as is the Skinner's 'Porthleven' IPA - albeit a little pricey at £4.00 a pint.
All in all I'd give it a 9.8 out of 10. :okay:

View attachment 461293
Four legged or chocolate variety?

screenman

Legendary Member
Looks good. As you say £4.00 a pint is pushing it....... I walked passed a Marstons pub today and the sign outside read "draught bitter £2.75 a pint all day every day".

I had a nice pint in spoons yesterday for £1.99

Top Bottom