The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
What's good about it......it's dismal out there! Lol. I've been out for an early jog though.

I must admit it's supposed to be a nice day here but it isn't. I was trying to be positive.^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
For some reason I didnt sleep well last night.
I had a reoccurring dream that I was being chased by a demented welsh woman on a bike and every time she caught up she would shove cold mushy peas down my baggy Y fronts. Near by was a woman with a southern accent shouting "hey, Ive got FIVE bikes and you can ride them all".
I think I need therapy :blush:.

Anyway its miserable here, not the nice day they promised :sad:.
I have a 20 mile ride planned if things improve.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Off to Poltesco this morning for a mooch around the old Serpentine works, then partaking in a spot of Sunday lunch (pensioners portion of course).
Found a local pub doing pensioners lunch for £5.50. Will report back later.:okay:

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/li...features/the-poltesco-valley-and-carleon-cove
That looks interesting. Enjoy your day.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all.
For some reason I didnt sleep well last night.
I had a reoccurring dream that I was being chased by a demented welsh woman on a bike and every time she caught up she would shove cold mushy peas down my baggy Y fronts. Near by was a woman with a southern accent shouting "hey, Ive got FIVE bikes and you can ride them all".
I think I need therapy :blush:.

Anyway its miserable here, not the nice day they promised :sad:.
I have a 20 mile ride planned if things improve.
Top Tip:
Avoid the crossroads!

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Lunch report:

Excellent Sunday roast at the White Hart in St Keverne.
We had the 'small portion' option at £6.95. Roast beef, Yorkie, roast taters and six veg.
Don't think I could have managed the normal sized one!
The Guiness is excellent, as is the Skinner's 'Porthleven' IPA - albeit a little pricey at £4.00 a pint.
All in all I'd give it a 9.8 out of 10. :okay:

IMG_20190407_124848453.jpg

Top Bottom