The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
Enjoyed "Secret Stations". Made me want to get off at some of those places with a bike and just see where the road took me.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Yay! It fits!!!

60103.jpg

60103 Flying Scotsman passing Kilknowe Junction, Galashiels, at speed 15/05/16.

I visited the Severn Valley Spring Diesel Festival today. There was fantastic assortment of classic locomotives. I had my first ride behind a Western and managed to be hauled by two Deltics, three Class 50's, a pair of Class 20's, a class 33, a Class 46 and a Class 66 over the course of the day. the fish and chip shop opposite Kidderminster Station was excellent and the real ale at Bridgenorth Station was top notch.

Overall, a great day out.
P1020267.JPG

P1020259.JPG
P1020272.JPG

Katherine

Guru
The ELR war weekend is on this bank holiday weekend, except now they've called it their 1940's weekend. I hope it's not more about the music and fashions than it is about the locos and stock.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It is 'foreign muck', I know, and I also have no idea what the song is about or who the guy is, but, who cares? Here is a flashmob in Budapest Nygati station, complete with loco 431221 (*) making a star apperance along with loco 480020 and EMU 804404 (I think).

* - 431221. One of a class of hundreds from the Soviet era, these diminutive, almost minnionesque in appearance locos are probably the most common locos in Hungary. I like them.

The intro is quite long, I'll admit, but you get to see trains and stuff!!:

View: https://youtu.be/HWWC5THtXIk

Last edited:
Top Bottom