The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Nice!

Not been to Middleton Railway for a few years (August 2007, according to dates on pics)

You wouldn't recognise the place, I didn't! The station is no more. It was demolished in 2007 which dates my last visit before today as 2007 or earlier, and replaced with a Heritage Lottery Fund financed locomotive hall and I'm assuming that the station has been displaced further along the line by tens of metres - the locomotive hall and station were not accessible today.

I was hoping to visit the Abbey Light Railway in Kirkstall on my way home but sadly, it is no more. The owner died and the entire railway has been sold on to other 2' gauge operators and the loco shed had been demolished. It last operated in spring 2013.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I completed the construction of a 7mm scale Conflat wagon today from a Parkside Dundas kit.

It's my first step towards a model railway layout - my first in over forty years.

20150104_104905.jpg

robjh

Legendary Member
A propos of nothing really, I was looking at pictures of what I was doing four years ago, and came across these.
They were taken at Míli (Μύλοι in Greek, sometimes transliterated as Myloi) on the Peloponnese, where the station has become a dump for decommissioned locomotives from the metre-gauge network that runs right around the peninsula. As far as I know the line has had no trains for some years.
20101221 (20) Míli station - locomotive dump.JPG
20101221 (21) Míli station - locomotive dump.JPG
20101221 (23) Míli station - locomotive dump.JPG
20101221 (29) Míli station - locomotive dump.JPG

20101221 (15) Míli station - locomotive dump.JPG

(the rjh family conveyance can be glimpsed at the side of photo 4)

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
D816 Eclipse

That is all.

Top Bottom