The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

you mean transported......
But surely Transport of Delight is about another mode of transport altogether...

(I don't think we do actually talk of horses)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Whatever happened to the "North of England/Scotland" Eurostar-stylee train sets they were going to run to the Med via Paris? I know they got built. I know they got sold. Darned if I can remember who bought them.

robjh

Legendary Member
Whatever happened to the "North of England/Scotland" Eurostar-stylee train sets they were going to run to the Med via Paris? I know they got built. I know they got sold. Darned if I can remember who bought them.
Running in Canada. I got a train from Quebec to Montreal in some rather familiar-looking coaches, and all somewhat lower than the locomotive hauling them. They have been completely gutted and refitted inside but from the outside they still remind you (well, reminded me) of BR Mk4 stock.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Running in Canada. I got a train from Quebec to Montreal in some rather familiar-looking coaches, and all somewhat lower than the locomotive hauling them. They have been completely gutted and refitted inside but from the outside they still remind you (well, reminded me) of BR Mk4 stock.
Thank you.

Via Renaissance I believe.

Such short sightedness to sell them without ever putting them into UK service.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
It seems that happened to the sleeper carriages as well. I saw them brand new outside the Alsthom works, once the Met. Cammell works at Washford heath. They never ran in service either. I believe they were sold to Canada as well.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
In a park in Budapest:

20140807_174447.jpg

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 3218867, member: 45"]They did some very accurate measuring of the tunnels into New St a few years ago, and discovered that the trains wouldn't have fitted.[/QUOTE]
Fairly sure that's an urban myth...

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I am no railway enthusiast really, but someone posted this on a friend's FB page and I thought it was a bit special:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNw_F5KRQWc&feature=youtu.be

And @User13710 also this was from 2008. The reason why I am showing you this is...... Well, it'll become clear soon.

First up, and actually, an extra bit here, at 2:13, you will see the loco I drove mostly, OL49-69, a most workmanlike loco.

ANYWAY, moving swiftly on...... The reason...... Look at what they had running at 2:43, and then, see if you can spot it in the run past starting at 5:23.

Can you see why it is so different from the others??:

View: http://youtu.be/u4XAMdRNuGk

....... Yes, it is Tiny Minute!! :laugh:*

* - We have a much smaller loading gauge to everywhere else, so British trains are always tiny in comparison to their foreign cousins!

Last edited:
Top Bottom