The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's because our tea is already waiting to be drunk from our thermos flasks (or if you have more brass than sense, one of the station vendors). We have no need for a 'Tea' style thread here!! :giggle:
Mines an Alladin!

Dark46

Veteran
Coming from the West Country for me you can't best a KING, as far as steam goes. Obviously 6000 King George V is the best.
But I started spotting in 76 and unfortunately when I bought my first Conbined, my friend who I started going on trips with wrote WITHDRAWN across Class 52 Westerns! My favourate Deisel had been withdrawn just before I started :sad:. Thank god for Preserved railways for which there are a few around here , especially Severn Valley Railway which when I went had Western Courier in Burgundy and Western Ranger in Sand. Also not too far away is the East Somerset , West Somerset, Avon Valley, Forest of Dean and Gloucester & Warwickshire Railways. :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Now this was a long train..a veeeeeeery long train. I got bored after counting 60 trucks.
Taken in the desert of Utah.

train.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Coming from the West Country for me you can't best a KING, as far as steam goes. Obviously 6000 King George V is the best.
But I started spotting in 76 and unfortunately when I bought my first Conbined, my friend who I started going on trips with wrote WITHDRAWN across Class 52 Westerns! My favourate Deisel had been withdrawn just before I started :sad:. Thank god for Preserved railways for which there are a few around here , especially Severn Valley Railway which when I went had Western Courier in Burgundy and Western Ranger in Sand. Also not too far away is the East Somerset , West Somerset, Avon Valley, Forest of Dean and Gloucester & Warwickshire Railways. :smile:

Your friend was an eejit, they weren't withdrawn until February 1977. :whistle:

Did you still see any anyway??

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
There is talk of getting D1062 back on the mainline too, but I don't know much about it, so it's just D1015 Western Champion flying the 'Western' flag!

Class 50s were awful, unreliable things in comparison, and it's no wonder that BR got rid of them between 1987 - 94 on cost grounds after a total of about 26 years service!!

Top Bottom