The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We went to the 'NRM' this morning

First thing we saw were the queues!, thankfully by the time we'd parked up, & walked over, from the other side of Leeman Road, they'd gone in

The place was absolutely heaving, I overheard one of the attendants say they had 12,000 through the doors on Saturday!!:eek:

We did see 3 School parties going in, that'll be a nightmare for the Teachers, keeping tabs on them all

Sadly, everyone was getting in each others way, so no great photos, just a few mediocre;

DSCF0566.JPG DSCF0540.JPG

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
We went to the 'NRM' this morning

First thing we saw were the queues!, thankfully by the time we'd parked up, & walked over, from the other side of Leeman Road, they'd gone in

The place was absolutely heaving, I overheard one of the attendants say they had 12,000 through the doors on Saturday!!:eek:

We did see 3 School parties going in, that'll be a nightmare for the Teachers, keeping tabs on them all

Sadly, everyone was getting in each others way, so no great photos, just a few mediocre;

View attachment 25933 View attachment 25934

What's that bit sticking out of the back of the tender. Is that what a corridor-tender looks like?

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Took this one a few months back

a4_01.JPG

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
I have pictures of all 6 'Streaks' I'll need to post up tomorrow.

I was there at the start of this month, and even then, it was packed!!

Just the three of them when I was there, and it was almost closing time, so I managed to get a pic without loads of people milling around. I think next Feb. is the last date to see all six (unless NRM refuse to give them back!)

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Just the three of them when I was there, and it was almost closing time, so I managed to get a pic without loads of people milling around. I think next Feb. is the last date to see all six (unless NRM refuse to give them back!)

It'd be AMAZING if the two could be kept here instead, and apparently people have tried to make offers for them, but the owners Stateside are having none of it seemingly, which is a shame.

Yes next February at Shildon is meant to be the last chance to see them all.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
It'd be AMAZING if the two could be kept here instead, and apparently people have tried to make offers for them, but the owners Stateside are having none of it seemingly, which is a shame.

Yes next February at Shildon is meant to be the last chance to see them all.
Yeah, bit of a shame. Dominion of Canada is the first and only corridor tender I've ever seen, and appears to be the only remaining A4 that has one, so I had a good look when I was there. I've never been to Shildon, it's further away for me, I've been waiting for them to bring the prototype Deltic back to York so that I can have a look.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I thought some others had corridor tenders too such as Union Of South Africa and Sir Nigel Gresley??

I'll need to consult my pictures tomorrow, but anyway, 'The Flying Money Pit' also has one too.

Regarding the aforementioned Water Troughs, apparently you didn't want to have your head out the window when they were being used unless you wanted a good soaking!

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
I thought some others had corridor tenders too such as Union Of South Africa and Sir Nigel Gresley??

I'll need to consult my pictures tomorrow, but anyway, 'The Flying Money Pit' also has one too.

Regarding the aforementioned Water Troughs, apparently you didn't want to have your head out the window when they were being used unless you wanted a good soaking!
I've never seen the Flying Money Pit in steam or complete with its tender. The only times I've seen it the tender was nowhere to be seen, and it was in the NRM workshops having yet more money and effort lavished on it.

Top Bottom