The Rail Enthusiast thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

Milzy

Guru
They lose interest just outside Leeds!

It has to pass through Wakefield to get into Leeds station then goes back. I'll just replicate the event with my Hornby train set then.

classic33

Leg End Member
But you made out that I forgot when in reality I was just responding to what was written in the article! :whistle:

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!! ANOTHER FORUM!! I'M OFF TO HIIIIDE!! :blush:
I never posted the link, so no other forum!

I posted the names of the other two crew members because they were missing from the article. How could I have known that you had known their names, let alone had time to forget them!!

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Looking through my 1974 Ian Allen Combined Volume, I needed to see four class 50s to complete the set. They were not named then. I don't recall seeing any of them with name plates.

They were only named when they moved to the Western, and became a 'new' 'Warship Class' of sorts.

Benbow Agincourt Warspite Valiant etc etc.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
@Mad Doug Biker

Are there any passenger trains in Corsica that run to a timetable, or is it just Private Charters?

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
There were 2 steam charters around here yesterday

I missed them both in the morning;
'Ebor Streak' (Bittern) http://87.106.232.248/tours/t13/t0629c.htm (would have liked to have seen it at Great Heck @ a decent speed)
'Scarborough Flyer' http://87.106.232.248/tours/t13/t0629b.htm

I rode over to Pontefract in the evening though, to see it at BagHill Station tking on water, & the driver managing a superb re-start on the (quite sharp) curve, with some wheel-slip, but not much

Railways. BR. 46233. Ducherss of Sutherland. 3.JPG Railways. BR. 46233. Ducherss of Sutherland. 10.JPG Railways. BR. 46233. Ducherss of Sutherland. 15.JPG Railways. BR. 46233. Ducherss of Sutherland. 16.JPG

Top Bottom