The CycleChat Large SUV Owners Club thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought the present issue of LRM yesterday
I’ve just opened it at work, with a pot of tea, before l start
IMG_0596.jpeg

It was a surprise to see my old 110, in the classifieds, & still bearing the same registration too!
IMG_0597.jpeg

The last time l saw it for sale (about 6 months after l sold it, in March 2010), it had miraculously gained a full & complete service history

Last edited:
Monday 1st

Seen en-route to me parents, this morning
We had a 3.0TDi (V6) Touareg for a while, that was torquey, but this will be something else!

IMG_0644.jpeg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It's a strange machine, because the engine weighs over a third of a tonne more than the V6 which makes the grunt difficult to exploit becase the handling struggle to contain it.

Strength Through Joy Car, sorry, VW, tried to tame it with chassis upgrades but werent successful. My lass had one and grew dissatisfied enough to replace with with an X5M diesel.

It's a strange machine, because the engine weighs over a third of a tonne more than the V6 which makes the grunt difficult to exploit becase the handling struggle to contain it.

Strength Through Joy Car, sorry, VW, tried to tame it with chassis upgrades but werent successful. My lass had one and grew dissatisfied enough to replace with with an X5M diesel.
Yes, that was the issue with it
It was perhaps more a case of a 'headline maker' for VW?

Venod

Eh up

Jody

Stubborn git
The same engine that seemed to work so well, in the Vauxhall Omega, but when in the P38, it wasn't enough 'umph' for it
Quite a few years ago, I almost bought an Omega estate, with that 2.5TD, but bought a Discovery 50th Anniversary instead (300Tdi/manual)

Always thought it was odd when Opel used the BMW engine but it was a great power unit for the time. 300TDi was probably the better choice over an Omega

I think I have only ever driver V8 P38's but could see how the M51 might be a little underwhelming for such a large chassis.

Top Bottom