The 2024 Half Century (50km or 50 mile) Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Accidentally did another 50k! Cycled to church and back (24 miles round trip) but it was such a nice day, I just kept adding bits and the next thing I know, I was on 28 miles so I just kept going!

Met an incredible lady on my ride. Older than me but I would have said mid 50s but nope, she was 75! I really regret not getting her name or details as I think she was a kindred spirit and I would have liked to have ridden with her again! Anyone know a ceramic artist in Holt, Wiltshire?

View attachment 739048
You've got the 50km big now .Or did you not want to upset me for just riding 28 miles

geocycle

Legendary Member
I did legit think of you guys and cursed you as i churned out three extra miles with a rumbling stomach 🤣

I know what you mean! I found myself 2 km short as I arrived exhausted at the end of a ride last week. Nothing for it but to retrace my route for around a km and then curse myself for signing up to the challenges. It was especially galling as when I got to the accommodation I’d actually gone over by a km due to some route plotting error!

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Great to see some people mixing it up a bit and throwing in some rides outside their own area/country. Always nice to get new ideas. I've been getting a bit bored with my own bread and butter rides in the Severn Vale, and have deliberately thrown in qualifying rides in Caernarvonshire, Moray, Dumfries & Galloway and the Belgian Ardennes this year. I'll be going back up to Scotland again before too long, and hope to do 50ks in Skye & Lochalsh or Wester Ross and in the Mull of Galloway too. I love not knowing what is just around the next bend and going exploring. We might just get the opportunity to grab a short break in the Somme Valley too before the end of the year, and I'll see if I can cram in a French 50k while we are there.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Well done @steveindenmark he's got his ride in today after being quite ill early this month

Top Bottom