The 2023 Half Century (50km or 50m) Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Did you manage the ride?
Was down closeish to you today, weather gets better each time!
No. As I just posted elsewhere, I was working on my mountain bike (and keeping warm!). The MTB was on a stand in the area of my kitchen where I need to be laying a table for a big curry with guests tomorrow evening.

I had been waiting for my new chainrings to arrive. I got them yesterday afternoon. I was pleased to get the set of 3 for just under £24 on ebay. They are steel so 125 g heavier than the aluminium rings that they are replacing, but that's no big deal, and they should last for years. They were advertised as having been removed unridden from a bike, and that is clearly true.

I should be able to get the 50 done at the start of next week instead. 🤞

PS And the arm warmers have not turned up yet, so I was a bit cold when riding.

FrothNinja

Veteran
No. As I just posted elsewhere, I was working on my mountain bike (and keeping warm!). The MTB was on a stand in the area of my kitchen where I need to be laying a table for a big curry with guests tomorrow evening.

I had been waiting for my new chainrings to arrive. I got them yesterday afternoon. I was pleased to get the set of 3 for just under £24 on ebay. They are steel so 125 g heavier than the aluminium rings that they are replacing, but that's no big deal, and they should last for years. They were advertised as having been removed unridden from a bike, and that is clearly true.

I should be able to get the 50 done at the start of next week instead. 🤞

PS And the arm warmers have not turned up yet, so I was a bit cold when riding.

Air temp was about 1C and there was plenty of wind - had my winter kit on

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Air temp was about 1C and there was plenty of wind - had my winter kit on
I have a heavy duty Endura jacket, but that is a bit boil-in-the bag. I wore a lighter jacket instead today but that wasn't quite warm enough without my new yet-to-arrive arm-warmers. (I can't find my old arm-warmers. I think that I may have left them at my sister's place in Devon.)

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Completed my November ride yesterday.
The Rollright Rumble Audax... 👍
A great ride starting in Honeybourne near Evesham. A flat first 25km then rolling hills ( and some steep ones ) passing thru or close to Chipping Norton, Bourton on the Water, The Slaughters and Broadway. The final 10km was also flat and included the descent from Snowshill.
A very cold ride 🥶 with lots of ice ❄ about on the sheltered lanes, the temperature was minus 2 at the start and only about plus 2 at thd finish.
My first Audax for 4 years ! Thoroughly enjoyed it and won't be waiting that long for my next one.... 👍

Screenshot_20231126-080413~2.png

Screenshot_20231125-145355~2.png

IMG_20231125_135700.jpg

IMG-20231125-WA0002.jpeg

Ridgeback Roller

Über Member
At last, a November qualifier ridden. Left the house at 07:15, in full winter attire as thermometer showing 3c and a hard frost on the cars and lawns. Quickly warmed up except for hands, with very little traffic about, except a few cars and vans heading into the local Sunday market on the Ford prison road. By the time I'd reached the ride midpoint, the wind, what there was of it, seemed to be coming from a southerly direction and it felt noticeably warmer with the frost lifting rapidly. Thermometer was still only showing 5c though when I arrived back home around 09:45.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Monthly update time and 1 weeks warning to those without a ride posted .We have 18 riders fully posted for November leaving 8 riders with rides up to October posted yet to post a November one so here's the nudge list @Spinney ,@ColinJ ,@kapelmuur ,@slow scot ,@bluenotebob ,@Chap sur le velo ,@C R and @Ridgeback Roller
Well done everyone 1 more to go

Got it done today! Bloody cold...

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Monthly update for October ,We have 26 riders fully posted up , Unfortunately @Noodle Legs has missed an October ride ,he's had a lot of life stuff to deal with , @UphillSlowly also hasn't posted yet and hasn't visited the forum since early Oct ,hoping everything's ok and he still might be in
Well done everyone else ,steady start for November with 12 of us already with a November ride posted

Thanks. Went offline for a couple of months.Trying to cut down screen time. Work has been v busy.

Have done Oct and Nov challenge. Apologies for posting late.
Just one ride to go to complete the challenge so hope I can still be in

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Completed my November ride yesterday.
The Rollright Rumble Audax... 👍
A great ride starting in Honeybourne near Evesham. A flat first 25km then rolling hills ( and some steep ones ) passing thru or close to Chipping Norton, Bourton on the Water, The Slaughters and Broadway. The final 10km was also flat and included the descent from Snowshill.
A very cold ride 🥶 with lots of ice ❄ about on the sheltered lanes, the temperature was minus 2 at the start and only about plus 2 at thd finish.
My first Audax for 4 years ! Thoroughly enjoyed it and won't be waiting that long for my next one.... 👍

View attachment 714593

View attachment 714594

View attachment 714595

View attachment 714596

This looks like a great ride and not too far from me. Thanks for posting the details

Top Bottom