The 2023 Half Century (50km or 50m) Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gibbo9

Veteran
Late reporting again but still in.

A few rides to choose from last month but have gone for this one 64.16km, 128m (https://www.strava.com/activities/9497171127)
Bought my partner a new bike for her birthday (next 10 years birthdays if I get my way) and this was her first real ride out. I think it is even prettier than my bike and am a little bit jealous ^_^

78.jpg

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I was being to worry @gavgav and did fear the worst . Probably a good decision not to push through the injury just for this challenge and make it worst . About time you gave up the cricket 👍 is far too dangourous . I guess you haven't missed that much cricket while injured as I suspect rain ☔ may have stopped a lot of games .
Heal quick and comeback to us when your ready

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
So with @gavgav sad declaration I can do the monthly update . We have 27 riders fully posted up for July and 2 riders with at least a couple of months missing who are not regular forum visiters so Im just counting the fully posted for now .
Well done everyone making it this far , been a slow start for August I suspect the weather ☔ may have something to do with that

gavgav

Legendary Member
I was being to worry @gavgav and did fear the worst . Probably a good decision not to push through the injury just for this challenge and make it worst . About time you gave up the cricket 👍 is far too dangourous . I guess you haven't missed that much cricket while injured as I suspect rain ☔ may have stopped a lot of games .
Heal quick and comeback to us when your ready

Thanks for your kind words. It’s been a frustrating time, but I’ll be back 👍🏻 Indeed I think I’ve only missed 2 matches, because about 5 more have been abandoned early or completely rained off!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
August done, 70 miles sponsored ride for the local hospice, including 6100feet of climbing! I don’t want to cycle up another Welsh mountain ever again 🤣
Well done ,but I presume 6100ft of downness as well weeeeee ,It's surprising how quickly it gets hilly when you cross the boarder

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
This weekend's rides were our (Mrs Slowly and I) first attempt at lightweight bikepacking. Weather was not looking great on Saturday but we decided to go for it anyway. Most direct route from Birmingham to Coalport (near Ironbridge) via Kinver.
20230805_161414.jpg

Headwind and rain most of the way and some very sketchy farm tracks. Finally got to the Shakespeare Inn (which had a lock up for bikes) and the opportunity for a shower, drying of clothes and pub grub
20230805_200441.jpg

Didn't need much breakfast in the morning, and the weather looked much better so we took the longer, lumpier way home via Upper Arley (where the Severn Valley Railway has a station). Too early for the steam trains though.
Screenshot_20230806_195524.jpg

Got caught out by rain about 15 miles from home, but not put off and hope to do something similar again.

Top Bottom