Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Im going full keto 800 calorie so thats probably the last race i will manage to compete in for the next month!

Once you've become fat adapted metabolically, there is no reason to not race, you don't need carbs to do high intensity activities.. the body makes sufficient glucose through gluconeogenesis as long you are consuming enough lipid/protein calories per day.

Is it diabetic reason?

Is that 800 cals reduction or total 800 cals consumed per day? 800 per day total consumed is proper hard core, entering starvation mode, which is not recommended.

All the best with it :okay:

shimceltic

Veteran
@CXRAndy 800c per day! I did it a few years ago for a laugh, i need to drop a bit of weight before my gran canaria trip or i wont be making past day 1.
Its from Micheal mosslys Fast 800 keto book.
I did struggle with the racing but as you said on 800c there wont be much in the tank.
I did wonder if i could have a banana before ride and burn it straigh off but i suppose it would take me out of ketosis?

CXRAndy

Guru
@CXRAndy 800c per day! I did it a few years ago for a laugh, i need to drop a bit of weight before my gran canaria trip or i wont be making past day 1.
Its from Micheal mosslys Fast 800 keto book.
I did struggle with the racing but as you said on 800c there wont be much in the tank.
I did wonder if i could have a banana before ride and burn it straigh off but i suppose it would take me out of ketosis?

You don't need to remain in ketosis all the time, just a large portion of the day is helpful. Consume Carbs(glucose) in one meal . The rest of the time try to keep very low carbs.

I regularly race or do workouts fasted for 14+hours. I don't crash in energy after or during. I do have slightly less performance but nothing substantial on sub hour race.

A decent protein meal cooked with lard replenishes my stores.

Long time since riding Gran Canaria. Compared to Tenerife, a much rockier terrain. Are you staying south side?

shimceltic

Veteran
You don't need to remain in ketosis all the time, just a large portion of the day is helpful. Consume Carbs(glucose) in one meal . The rest of the time try to keep very low carbs.

I regularly race or do workouts fasted for 14+hours. I don't crash in energy after or during. I do have slightly less performance but nothing substantial on sub hour race.

A decent protein meal cooked with lard replenishes my stores.

Long time since riding Gran Canaria. Compared to Tenerife, a much rockier terrain. Are you staying south side?

Maspalomas, check gran canaria bike week for thr itinerary https://grancanariabikeweek.es/

Top Bottom