Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Galway has recorded winds upto 156Kmh, headed your way apparently.
Similar situation here, in a valley. Only really feel it when the wind blows up or down the valley.

Always helpful having a dishwasher handy.
That the "big one" down in Texas?
Kinda spoils it if the result is known beforehand.

The cards cost much when ordering, or do get a discount for bulk orders.
Not that many to go now then. Do you get a certificate for 50,000 contacts?
Think about all that writing the addresses on those cards you did.
Don't slow down on getting them, you'll lose the fun.
Relax watching the game, is that possible.
Enjoy.

Highest gust was 36....
we face E and the W and S rise 240 degrees around us, think Roman amphitheatre..

Cards are bought in 1,000 batches, min order can be 100 but 1,000 will do me for a few years, I've used a few, 1500- 1600 in 6 to 7 years ? I never send, I only send back what I receive...just under 300 per year? I've never counted.
Last lot was £60 for a 1000..
I log the received card, electronic log has a labelling program, print the label, stick them on relevant card batch them up and send package down S to bureau, it sorts cards into countries and they send them, part of my membership of RSGB....saves a fortune on postage.
The German radio org has the right idea, you send your adif file in and they print the cards and distribute.. a great but more likely more expensive idea, I get most cards from there but this time , 60 to 40 % other countries...

Dishwasher is handy, if only two of us.
I'm the person in charge of that...

Off to get more

Nah, you get fatigue :laugh:
Could get it by start of next year, willing.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all :hello:
All well after yesterday?
We had a bamboo in a tub over just before it got dark, dawn will let us know so hopefully all else okay...
think the wind strength was not as expected here..
Owdo
Okay here, empty recycling bin blown over last night.
You'll be going pot hunting soon then.
Maybe being in a dip saved you from the worst of it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Highest gust was 36....
we face E and the W and S rise 240 degrees around us, think Roman amphitheatre..

Cards are bought in 1,000 batches, min order can be 100 but 1,000 will do me for a few years, I've used a few, 1500- 1600 in 6 to 7 years ? I never send, I only send back what I receive...just under 300 per year? I've never counted.
Last lot was £60 for a 1000..
I log the received card, electronic log has a labelling program, print the label, stick them on relevant card batch them up and send package down S to bureau, it sorts cards into countries and they send them, part of my membership of RSGB....saves a fortune on postage.
The German radio org has the right idea, you send your adif file in and they print the cards and distribute.. a great but more likely more expensive idea, I get most cards from there but this time , 60 to 40 % other countries...

Dishwasher is handy, if only two of us.
I'm the person in charge of that...

Off to get more

Nah, you get fatigue :laugh:
Could get it by start of next year, willing.
Had a brief test of the anemometer last night, got a steady 27, gusting to 38 mph. Picked up later on, but raining as well, so I stayed inside.
And you're there in a fight to the death...

Not too bad then, price wise. Especially if they handle the postage. Dropping 200 plus cards, separately, into your local postbox would cheer the postman up no doubt.
The German radio org system sounds as though it's close to automation, if not already there. Calls logged, it "writes up" the card and sends it on. Leaving you free to do summat else. That sorta thing doesn't come cheap, so you could be right.
Contacts further afield now popping up a bit more often?

You got one of those manual dishwashers?
Seldom goes wrong, and hardly ever breaks down.

Another load to do?

Would that fatigue be the same as in some materials. Where if it gets really bad, bits start dropping off. . .
Be careful at the end of this year then!

Top Bottom