Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Did you tell her she could just set it down to do its job, and then leave it to do it.

She thought about it then. Watch for inbound e-mails...

Wasn't it on around 7-8pm. You can't have been working that late!
Suppose the bar staff got used to you all turning up week after week, just to watch Top Of The Pops. It was just to watch, weren't it, no joining in...

Well done you.
Tried many years ago and got a swift refusal.

Almost fell for the big river sales day..
but nope,
I'd seen a curved monitor elsewhere and thought THAT site for better information and found they were slightly cheaper..
TBH the ones I have do what I need.

My garden is all weird shapes now so knock that idea on the head...

having a laugh,
house across and down the street is up for sale and jeez, the amount of cars slowing and looking is unbelievable, even had a few stopping and noseying..

classic33

Leg End Member
Almost fell for the big river sales day..
but nope,
I'd seen a curved monitor elsewhere and thought THAT site for better information and found they were slightly cheaper..
TBH the ones I have do what I need.

My garden is all weird shapes now so knock that idea on the head...

having a laugh,
house across and down the street is up for sale and jeez, the amount of cars slowing and looking is unbelievable, even had a few stopping and noseying..
Will you survive tomorrow without clicking "Buy" on the big river site.
What advantage is there to a curved monitor over a normal one. It's not as though you'll be close enough for the curve to be noticeable.
Save yer money!

They're supposed to be good on gardens of all shapes and sizes. Might be a good test of the abilities. Wouldn't be a cheap test, but it'd be a real test.

A newly finished or one put on the market by previous owners.
You been to have a gander yerssen. On foot of course. No point in getting the car out.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Will you survive tomorrow without clicking "Buy" on the big river site.
What advantage is there to a curved monitor over a normal one. It's not as though you'll be close enough for the curve to be noticeable.
Save yer money!

They're supposed to be good on gardens of all shapes and sizes. Might be a good test of the abilities. Wouldn't be a cheap test, but it'd be a real test.

A newly finished or one put on the market by previous owners.
You been to have a gander yerssen. On foot of course. No point in getting the car out.

I have resisted, I have resisted..
I might have had some difficulty fitting them into the present space I have, everything is just 'placed'
Looked like manufacturer dump of older stock, if they had been LCD, I'd have got..

Did I mention about bloke I met cutting brambles etc with a small hand held hedge trimmer?
Ryobi battery, the one that fits everything and a 12 to 15" cutting blade, nifty little thing that was ideal for where he was doing it. He uses the pavements (outside the town) and it is a bit overgrown so he was out trimming.
Electric bike as well.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have resisted, I have resisted..
I might have had some difficulty fitting them into the present space I have, everything is just 'placed'
Looked like manufacturer dump of older stock, if they had been LCD, I'd have got..

Did I mention about bloke I met cutting brambles etc with a small hand held hedge trimmer?
Ryobi battery, the one that fits everything and a 12 to 15" cutting blade, nifty little thing that was ideal for where he was doing it. He uses the pavements (outside the town) and it is a bit overgrown so he was out trimming.
Electric bike as well.
Resistance is futile...
Everything set up as and where it's needed. Making simply removing something that should take five minutes, an hour long job.
It's that time of year, all the new stuff going on show, then bound for the shops.

No, any good?
You're now thinking about getting one!
Doesn't use the same battery as his hedgetrimmer does it?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Resistance is futile...
Everything set up as and where it's needed. Making simply removing something that should take five minutes, an hour long job.
It's that time of year, all the new stuff going on show, then bound for the shops.

No, any good?
You're now thinking about getting one!
Doesn't use the same battery as his hedgetrimmer does it?

he was doing a fine job, bit slow but getting there.
Handy tool, rechargeable one could do me,
I'm training some beech to be a low hedge boundary.
I've a couple of bits of overhanging stuff to remove on one of my paths home, might head down that way today IF it stays dry.
It uses the same battery, bloke bought it as reconditioned.
I'd hate to do a real hedge with it..
One thing I don't miss from work is hedges :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
he was doing a fine job, bit slow but getting there.
Handy tool, rechargeable one could do me,
I'm training some beech to be a low hedge boundary.
I've a couple of bits of overhanging stuff to remove on one of my paths home, might head down that way today IF it stays dry.
It uses the same battery, bloke bought it as reconditioned.
I'd hate to do a real hedge with it..
One thing I don't miss from work is hedges :laugh:
Did he have reason to be rushing.
He might have been being careful, through uncertainty of what his new toy could do.
Thought the battery powered ones were rechargeable. Or are you looking at replacing your mains powered one.
Out every day with the chair and whip, telling it which way to grow! Is it working?
If yer waiting on it raining, yer'll never get it done.
What'll you do with the offcuts, leave them at the side of the path or bring them home.
The same battery powers his bike?
This hatred of hedges, does it by any chance stem from yer last job. Where they'd be a little taller as well.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo
24 little hours...

Sounding chirpy today
trill.jpg

Did he have reason to be rushing.
He might have been being careful, through uncertainty of what his new toy could do.
Thought the battery powered ones were rechargeable. Or are you looking at replacing your mains powered one.
Out every day with the chair and whip, telling it which way to grow! Is it working?
If yer waiting on it raining, yer'll never get it done.
What'll you do with the offcuts, leave them at the side of the path or bring them home.
The same battery powers his bike?
This hatred of hedges, does it by any chance stem from yer last job. Where they'd be a little taller as well.

This was an old one, same make as battery...
I gave mine away as nohedges here, only some beech I've been training.
I remember good old days of using shears, trimmers fair made a change plus the use of blowers rather than brushing everything up,
it was that long ago, scythes were still being used, a deadly 'machine' if cared and sharpened regularly.
Dry day so far.....next rain expected 6.00am tomorrow.

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 737970

This was an old one, same make as battery...
I gave mine away as nohedges here, only some beech I've been training.
I remember good old days of using shears, trimmers fair made a change plus the use of blowers rather than brushing everything up,
it was that long ago, scythes were still being used, a deadly 'machine' if cared and sharpened regularly.
Dry day so far.....next rain expected 6.00am tomorrow.
That's what you've been eating of late...
It all makes sense now.

Weren't Ryobi the company that spearheaded the same battery for everything?
Would your neighbour lend you his, for your path pruning. If you asked him nicely.
And your training, it's beginning to have effect on the beech...
A bit more exercise for the arms though, with hand shears. Yer legs and arms sweeping up. And yer lungs got a workout doing either.
What's wrong with a scythe in hands that know what they're doing. Okay the blade may be a bit on the long side, but a pair of shears often had a longer blade length.
Same here, dry. Temperature just creeping into the 20's around two this afternoon.
Sky went the colour of rain last night, but didn't deliver on its threat. It'll come soon...

Bobby Mhor

Guru
That's what you've been eating of late...
It all makes sense now.

Weren't Ryobi the company that spearheaded the same battery for everything?
Would your neighbour lend you his, for your path pruning. If you asked him nicely.
And your training, it's beginning to have effect on the beech...
A bit more exercise for the arms though, with hand shears. Yer legs and arms sweeping up. And yer lungs got a workout doing either.
What's wrong with a scythe in hands that know what they're doing. Okay the blade may be a bit on the long side, but a pair of shears often had a longer blade length.
Same here, dry. Temperature just creeping into the 20's around two this afternoon.
Sky went the colour of rain last night, but didn't deliver on its threat. It'll come soon...
Scythe, if looked after could out do a strimmer..
would advise not to use any metal attachments..
seen a couple of nasty accidents.
Hedges? 38 mins per 100 sq m was our bonus scheme time...
cut, sweep and dispose..

same time for planting bedding plants, 38 mins per 100 , bulbs were 22 mins per 100..
I can inform you there has been none here.

Can you send it back, they delivered it early!

0.3 mm so far today,
another .2 has fallen since I forgot to press post reply..
Just under a 12 with a testy section of a steepish short hill, foot gowping so will wait and see if anything comes out of it.
Got soaked on way back, it was cooling though.

Top Bottom