Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
'As tha finished?

Two none fairy visited tubes!
Before it got too warm...

A day out to fry kippers for my open air lunch......
a trip to Fort Bill and back......
got the old dixies out of storage, a pack of kippers and the open air on the banks of Loch Linnhe.
A stroll through the town...
then picnic time...
not a wasted day as i got to see Glencoe going and coming back....
and got a bottle of Scottish Absinthe.....:ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
A day out to fry kippers for my open air lunch......
a trip to Fort Bill and back......
got the old dixies out of storage, a pack of kippers and the open air on the banks of Loch Linnhe.
A stroll through the town...
then picnic time...
not a wasted day as i got to see Glencoe going and coming back....
and got a bottle of Scottish Absinthe.....:ohmy:
Did no-one else like yer kippers, that you'd to go to the shore of Loch Linnhe to cook and eat them!
Were they that powerful?
Fort Bill, did tha gaze at Ben, longingly.
The walk through town after you'd had the smoked kippers.
You did stop at Glencoe, not just drive through it.
You'll be saving it for a rainy day.
Take it you enjoyed a sunny day for yer Loch side picnic.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Did no-one else like yer kippers, that you'd to go to the shore of Loch Linnhe to cook and eat them!
Were they that powerful?
Fort Bill, did tha gaze at Ben, longingly.
The walk through town after you'd had the smoked kippers.
You did stop at Glencoe, not just drive through it.
You'll be saving it for a rainy day.
Take it you enjoyed a sunny day for yer Loch side picnic.

No kippers were for Bob and Bob only...
our lower bit is open plan so everywhere would ming..
now I have the wee stove setup I'll cook them outside.
The Ben? Last there in 1969.....
I did Snowdon in 2013, Scafell Pike in 2012..
so it took me almost 44 years to do the Three Peaks challenge :laugh:
Oh, someone asked how far the dales are.....:ohmy:
It was dry, some very light rain about...
IMG_0823.JPEG

First one, another 1 and a half to cook....
bit windy tbf..
I spent every second weekend in Glencoe in the shadow of the Great Shepherd from 1978 to early 80, winter and summer...
tent then got access to a well kent bothy..
warmer sleeping in the tent tbf,
think I posted the blog post link at some point...

classic33

Leg End Member
No kippers were for Bob and Bob only...
our lower bit is open plan so everywhere would ming..
now I have the wee stove setup I'll cook them outside.
The Ben? Last there in 1969.....
I did Snowdon in 2013, Scafell Pike in 2012..
so it took me almost 44 years to do the Three Peaks challenge :laugh:
Oh, someone asked how far the dales are.....:ohmy:
It was dry, some very light rain about...
View attachment 734967
First one, another 1 and a half to cook....
bit windy tbf..
I spent every second weekend in Glencoe in the shadow of the Great Shepherd from 1978 to early 80, winter and summer...
tent then got access to a well kent bothy..
warmer sleeping in the tent tbf,
think I posted the blog post link at some point...
Mrs M didn't get any! Or did she decline..
You'll have all yer windows open overnight now.
What make of stove you got in that picture?
You didn't look up the Ben from Bill! Are you sure you've no foreign blood in you.
Just as well you weren't being sponsored for doing the Three National Peaks. There'd be a few who'd have moved on since you started, leaving you unable to collect. The Three Peaks is a Yorkshire thing.
Did you give them a walking time/distance along with a rough direction to head off in.
How'd you have half a kipper!
Dry, sunny and virtually no wind, of any sort down these parts today.
The problem with a bothy is that the space to heat up is larger than a tent. Which makes them colder, which can be handy if it's a warm night, but next to useless in colder weather, of the sort you get up there on a regular basis.
I've visited yer blog, more than once. Interesting reading.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Mrs M didn't get any! Or did she decline..
You'll have all yer windows open overnight now.
What make of stove you got in that picture?
You didn't look up the Ben from Bill! Are you sure you've no foreign blood in you.
Just as well you weren't being sponsored for doing the Three National Peaks. There'd be a few who'd have moved on since you started, leaving you unable to collect. The Three Peaks is a Yorkshire thing.
Did you give them a walking time/distance along with a rough direction to head off in.
How'd you have half a kipper!
Dry, sunny and virtually no wind, of any sort down these parts today.
The problem with a bothy is that the space to heat up is larger than a tent. Which makes them colder, which can be handy if it's a warm night, but next to useless in colder weather, of the sort you get up there on a regular basis.
I've visited yer blog, more than once. Interesting reading.

She's not getting any of my kippers, some things are sacrosanct..
Knowing me, I'll eat so many so often now I'll get fed up with them.

The stove is a wee basic screw on to a gas canister and remove when not using, self sealing canister needed, much easier than the old primus days:laugh:, meth bottle etc..
The packet had two and a half kippers, usual supermarket fare..
The dixie was my old faithful from circa 1976..
Of course, we drove a bit round to just before Corpach to see the Ben...
before trying to find the 'picnic' bit , wanting a quid for three hours, two payment meters but both out of use so took a photo of each in case authority came calling, no litter bins in the area, weird. It was cheap at a quid whereas I've been places in Snowdonia and the Lakes which could bankrupt you for a days parking, I assume the dales are the same?

Mrs M passed by and I showed her some of the photos from the late 70s, esp topless Bob and a straight faced 'who's that?', I'm huffing...
Garden walk done so brekkie time...

classic33

Leg End Member
She's not getting any of my kippers, some things are sacrosanct..
Knowing me, I'll eat so many so often now I'll get fed up with them.

The stove is a wee basic screw on to a gas canister and remove when not using, self sealing canister needed, much easier than the old primus days:laugh:, meth bottle etc..
The packet had two and a half kippers, usual supermarket fare..
The dixie was my old faithful from circa 1976..
Of course, we drove a bit round to just before Corpach to see the Ben...
before trying to find the 'picnic' bit , wanting a quid for three hours, two payment meters but both out of use so took a photo of each in case authority came calling, no litter bins in the area, weird. It was cheap at a quid whereas I've been places in Snowdonia and the Lakes which could bankrupt you for a days parking, I assume the dales are the same?

Mrs M passed by and I showed her some of the photos from the late 70s, esp topless Bob and a straight faced 'who's that?', I'm huffing...
Garden walk done so brekkie time...
Sorta like "if she wants any she can get her own?" Wait whilst she gets the caviar sandwiches out on the next picnic trip...
Not if yer cooking outside, as you said you might. Setting everything up will slow you down, make you think twice.
You might even be banned from the house after eating them!

It were the red can that threw me. Coleman mixed gas?
Normally not keen on folk posting pictures of what they'll soon be eating.
Half a kipper, who'd want to buy half a kipper!! Sold by weight?

And there were you staring up at the summit thinking "I'll be back up there, someday!" They drove a Model T up there around a 100 years ago.
We're not to far behind North Wales parking fee wise. We were in front for a while, then they caught up.
Farmers setting aside land for alternate use, whilst helping local towns, local people and visitors. And themselves of course.
Surprised at the lack of litter bins, unless it's to get you to take everything you brought.

Maybe it were the topless part that threw her. You'll not have had too many similar summers since.
Garden walk to cool off after being asked "who's that?".

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Sorta like "if she wants any she can get her own?" Wait whilst she gets the caviar sandwiches out on the next picnic trip...
Not if yer cooking outside, as you said you might. Setting everything up will slow you down, make you think twice.
You might even be banned from the house after eating them!

It were the red can that threw me. Coleman mixed gas?
Normally not keen on folk posting pictures of what they'll soon be eating.
Half a kipper, who'd want to buy half a kipper!! Sold by weight?

And there were you staring up at the summit thinking "I'll be back up there, someday!" They drove a Model T up there around a 100 years ago.
We're not to far behind North Wales parking fee wise. We were in front for a while, then they caught up.
Farmers setting aside land for alternate use, whilst helping local towns, local people and visitors. And themselves of course.
Surprised at the lack of litter bins, unless it's to get you to take everything you brought.

Maybe it were the topless part that threw her. You'll not have had too many similar summers since.
Garden walk to cool off after being asked "who's that?".

Primus but I couldn't tell you the age.
I must get another as back up.
Any more of yer cheek and I'll turn this into an Instagram foodie page...
My toast and mashed banana lunchxx(
It was a by weight packet, I was only just over an hours from a top kipper smokery too, Mrs M mentioned smoked mussels yesterday as well (same smokery)...

Bins, signs to say take your litter with you as well but it was clean, surprisingly..
If anywhere Snowdonia charges, I can't afford it:laugh:

Funnily were looking at the bronze 'replica' of the car yesterday...
trip was suggested for this summer but no way I could do it know with my ailments, plantar and dodge achilles..
burnt myself out...
plus I have rather grown barrel shape sine the topless days:laugh:

a package has just cleared uk customs, that's six emails....

classic33

Leg End Member
Primus but I couldn't tell you the age.
I must get another as back up.
Any more of yer cheek and I'll turn this into an Instagram foodie page...
My toast and mashed banana lunchxx(
It was a by weight packet, I was only just over an hours from a top kipper smokery too, Mrs M mentioned smoked mussels yesterday as well (same smokery)...

Bins, signs to say take your litter with you as well but it was clean, surprisingly..
If anywhere Snowdonia charges, I can't afford it:laugh:

Funnily were looking at the bronze 'replica' of the car yesterday...
trip was suggested for this summer but no way I could do it know with my ailments, plantar and dodge achilles..
burnt myself out...
plus I have rather grown barrel shape sine the topless days:laugh:

a package has just cleared uk customs, that's six emails....
There should be a date on either the base, or around the collar.
Can't be running out of gas halfway through cooking yer kippers...
Before you know it you'll be posting such pictures on a well known mugshot site.
You mash yer bananas, heathen.
Make certain you get the other half in the next pack bought.
A smoking visit next on yer books. Possibly with discounted prices, or better still, freebies!!

Hopefully it'll remain clear of litter. Just takes the one person to start it.
We're not far behind Wales, but since they put the paved path in up Snowdon, the parking charges have gone up, too much.

Could you "persuade" Mrs M to drive you to the summit. See what your new car is really capable of off-road. Saving yer legs for a stroll once at the top.

Next the tracking e-mails as it makes it way to you.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
There should be a date on either the base, or around the collar.
Can't be running out of gas halfway through cooking yer kippers...
Before you know it you'll be posting such pictures on a well known mugshot site.
You mash yer bananas, heathen.
Make certain you get the other half in the next pack bought.
A smoking visit next on yer books. Possibly with discounted prices, or better still, freebies!!

Hopefully it'll remain clear of litter. Just takes the one person to start it.
We're not far behind Wales, but since they put the paved path in up Snowdon, the parking charges have gone up, too much.

Could you "persuade" Mrs M to drive you to the summit. See what your new car is really capable of off-road. Saving yer legs for a stroll once at the top.

Next the tracking e-mails as it makes it way to you.

Mashed banana is the only way on toast, sliced bits tend to fall off too easy.
My love of bananas go back to as akid trying to 'acquire' them from the boats that brought then to Greenock

I have smoked fish before, trout , sea, rainbow and brown in a home made smoker, did bacon sausages and other stuff too, using smoke dust, giving me ideas eh? easy thing to build
I have to say rainbow trout , salted first (rubbed in then rubbed off later) then drizzled with wine vinegar then smoked is the pinnacle of smoked fish, forget salmon.
Snowdon? I did the Miners track and descended the Llanberis path, I was outvoted for Crib Goch on the way up.. the car park was 20 quid for 8 hours, we got dropped off.
car park.jpg

Two jocks delighted at not paying car park fee :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Mashed banana is the only way on toast, sliced bits tend to fall off too easy.
My love of bananas go back to as akid trying to 'acquire' them from the boats that brought then to Greenock

I have smoked fish before, trout , sea, rainbow and brown in a home made smoker, did bacon sausages and other stuff too, using smoke dust, giving me ideas eh? easy thing to build
I have to say rainbow trout , salted first (rubbed in then rubbed off later) then drizzled with wine vinegar then smoked is the pinnacle of smoked fish, forget salmon.
Snowdon? I did the Miners track and descended the Llanberis path, I was outvoted for Crib Goch on the way up.. the car park was 20 quid for 8 hours, we got dropped off.
View attachment 735056
Two jocks delighted at not paying car park fee :laugh:
Never trust a man who mashes his bananas. I mean what else would he be willing to do.
For free? You had one of those faces that just had to be for real.

How'd yer own smoking turn out. Everything edible afterwards. First it were mashed bananas, now it's admitting to smoking sausages.
Smoking can be bad for yer health, you know that.

£10 for eight hours isn't as bad as that car park has charged. It's been as high as £6 per hour, or part thereof.
Always good to get the parking taken care of, before you set off up the hill.
Even better if you're not paying.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Never trust a man who mashes his bananas. I mean what else would he be willing to do.
For free? You had one of those faces that just had to be for real.

How'd yer own smoking turn out. Everything edible afterwards. First it were mashed bananas, now it's admitting to smoking sausages.
Smoking can be bad for yer health, you know that.

£10 for eight hours isn't as bad as that car park has charged. It's been as high as £6 per hour, or part thereof.
Always good to get the parking taken care of, before you set off up the hill.
Even better if you're not paying.
Mash apples, strawberries, raspberries and on and on..
I draw the line at mashed melon,
squeeze the hell outta limes though....

The third party got the train up, dodgy ankle.. we paid it.
I got a mug out the gift shop at the summit, 4 years later, my son decided to knock it to the floor (accidently)
I still search for the same design but no joy....
Funnily I'd the Buachaille down as my 60th to do hill but ended up on Yr Wyddfa 4 days after my birthday:ohmy:
It took me to the following July to get there..

My 'smoking', pretty tasty, woodchips were very hard to come by in those days, mostly Swedish stuff, I think they'd be a massive range now, used what I'd call two basting trays with an old grill from a cooker toaster but had a custom made heavy one for bigger fish..
You can get Ninja type things nowadays..
Pitmaster Bob:ohmy:

Top Bottom