Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
No use any cards, no confirmation of any kind from that station

The media grab at any titbit about it..
cloudy wet tonight here so not worth looking...

ladies race not long finished, manky..
men's race about to start, better get a:cuppa:

Give em time. The post ain't that quick!
Why no confirmation from that station then.

That did ring a bell, somewhere...
I am safe.

Damp outside here, with a possibility of more rain which will clear the fog. Or just the fog to return.

Decent race?

classic33

Leg End Member
Oop to 7c just now..
sunshine bathing the W/SW end of the Towers..
we have precipitation due after 17.00 :eek:
See, t'weren't all bad.
You were outside, making the most of it I presume.
See if they're right about that.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Give em time. The post ain't that quick!
Why no confirmation from that station then.

That did ring a bell, somewhere...
I am safe.

Damp outside here, with a possibility of more rain which will clear the fog. Or just the fog to return.

Decent race?
There is no compunction to verify..
I have only worked 3 of the top 100 wanted DXCC countries, it get ridiculous what is a 'country', 340 in all and I have 163 with 150 verified.....
apart from paper cards, the US radio authority (hams) is the most popular and regarded as sound, there are various other things like eQSL and others as i said apart from actual paper cards the US one counts.
I upload to three different places all my contacts at the end of the day as well as backing up the 'master' file in a couple of places, can't remember if it's 45 or 46000 contacts plus :eek: since 1989 (hiatus from 1990 to 2008)

No rain yet, temps just under 6c..
Solar is just under Kp2, I assume CME is late or bypassed us, still forecasting a 6 though for this evening.

Busy earlier so men's cyclocross to catch up on.
See, t'weren't all bad.
You were outside, making the most of it I presume.
See if they're right about that.
I haven't outside at all...
Ma erchie parked here except for making food earlier for ma tea.
delicious it was, and spicy.
I may need a cold drink later to cool me down

classic33

Leg End Member
There is no compunction to verify..
I have only worked 3 of the top 100 wanted DXCC countries, it get ridiculous what is a 'country', 340 in all and I have 163 with 150 verified.....
apart from paper cards, the US radio authority (hams) is the most popular and regarded as sound, there are various other things like eQSL and others as i said apart from actual paper cards the US one counts.
I upload to three different places all my contacts at the end of the day as well as backing up the 'master' file in a couple of places, can't remember if it's 45 or 46000 contacts plus :eek: since 1989 (hiatus from 1990 to 2008)

No rain yet, temps just under 6c..
Solar is just under Kp2, I assume CME is late or bypassed us, still forecasting a 6 though for this evening.

Busy earlier so men's cyclocross to catch up on.

I haven't outside at all...
Ma erchie parked here except for making food earlier for ma tea.
delicious it was, and spicy.
I may need a cold drink later to cool me down
I just thought a first contact would have got one from you. Maybe it were the same person who let the government know about the invasion.
You killed a printer for no real reason. When they take over you'll be held responsible. Hope you've a good excuse.
Any variation, by time of year, over those years and possibly 46,000 contacts. Not certain if printing 40,000+ cards will count.

One of the earlier forecasts were part right. We've got the fog, and rain to go along with it.
You mean we're not worth bothering about, so it let us be?

Domestics interrupted yer viewing. Who'd do such a thing.

Yer Archie still firmly parked for the night. No excessive parking charges so far?
Save yer supplies, nip outside to cool down.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
I just thought a first contact would have got one from you. Maybe it were the same person who let the government know about the invasion.
You killed a printer for no real reason. When they take over you'll be held responsible. Hope you've a good excuse.
Any variation, by time of year, over those years and possibly 46,000 contacts. Not certain if printing 40,000+ cards will count.

One of the earlier forecasts were part right. We've got the fog, and rain to go along with it.
You mean we're not worth bothering about, so it let us be?

Domestics interrupted yer viewing. Who'd do such a thing.

Yer Archie still firmly parked for the night. No excessive parking charges so far?
Save yer supplies, nip outside to cool down.

It was the Bob bloke..
main one involved initially was a Scot who is still active as well, really interesting backstory to it all..
might watch it again over the next few days....
the Bob originally stayed at Goose Green...
I might be handy someday :laugh:
amazingly lots of Ukrainians are still on air but no QTH information...

Been raining after all, not that much though.
Not as cold as last night...

Card wise? I reckon I may have exchanged 1.500..
I estimate now 1 in 9 German contacts send a card, they are 50 to 60% of received cards....

Latest plane radar has an upgrade so off and through the website that supplies the image, normally choose upgrade and system upgrade, nope.. I had a lists problem so off to google the solution and 50 mins later..
voila, off and running again, I'll keep an eye, all other feeds and programmes still running.
7 years running 24/7 ( 5 days off when we moved) on coming Thursday, same Rasp Pi too (hexxed it?)

Had enough, off to eyeball Alice..

classic33

Leg End Member
It was the Bob bloke..
main one involved initially was a Scot who is still active as well, really interesting backstory to it all..
might watch it again over the next few days....
the Bob originally stayed at Goose Green...
I might be handy someday :laugh:
amazingly lots of Ukrainians are still on air but no QTH information...

Been raining after all, not that much though.
Not as cold as last night...

Card wise? I reckon I may have exchanged 1.500..
I estimate now 1 in 9 German contacts send a card, they are 50 to 60% of received cards....

Latest plane radar has an upgrade so off and through the website that supplies the image, normally choose upgrade and system upgrade, nope.. I had a lists problem so off to google the solution and 50 mins later..
voila, off and running again, I'll keep an eye, all other feeds and programmes still running.
7 years running 24/7 ( 5 days off when we moved) on coming Thursday, same Rasp Pi too (hexxed it?)

Had enough, off to eyeball Alice..
You were in contact with Bob, and you don't think it'd worth a card from one Bob to another Bob.
You could be yet, look on the bright side.
Don't the smaller home stations require less power. Some even "portable". As for not saying where they are, can't say I blame them for not giving their location.

You'd a gander out the window then?
Fog is showing no signs of going anywhere, anytime soon.

1,500 since you started. That'd be around fifty a year. Postage costs on the rise, again.

Does the upgrade allow you anything that the older version didn't. Or just quicker and a few more bells and whistles.
Five days holiday in seven years isn't bad going. Nowt like most updates hopefully, where you find herself having taken a few steps backwards.

Sooner or later Alice is going to notice, you know that.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
You were in contact with Bob, and you don't think it'd worth a card from one Bob to another Bob.
You could be yet, look on the bright side.
Don't the smaller home stations require less power. Some even "portable". As for not saying where they are, can't say I blame them for not giving their location.

You'd a gander out the window then?
Fog is showing no signs of going anywhere, anytime soon.

1,500 since you started. That'd be around fifty a year. Postage costs on the rise, again.

Does the upgrade allow you anything that the older version didn't. Or just quicker and a few more bells and whistles.
Five days holiday in seven years isn't bad going. Nowt like most updates hopefully, where you find herself having taken a few steps backwards.

Sooner or later Alice is going to notice, you know that.

I'm just happy for the contacts, from anyone nearby or in the antipodes.....
The card thing only started with me about 6 year ago?
some had been received by the bureau and sent to who would have been my QSL manager and if not a member they get disposed of.
He contacted me and upshot I re-joined the nation body and now you've reminded me a pile has to be sent darn sarff to bureau and more SAEs to manager for more likely more. I can send bulk package four times a year or 5.5 kilos of cards is the limit....
I received 70 odd (?) last quarter....

Window? alive with rain running down it.

The upgrade of the rasp pi operating system just like going up to Windaes eleeven...
there will be some tweaks in the aircraft image, looking like next update may be one done from the ground up. I've other stuff going on so would have to reinstall that, copy and paste job mainly but time consuming....maybe not.

I'm just a small station compared to most..
not a big hitter but relying on knowing when to be there at the right time etc etc..

Coffee time

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning folks :rain:
Serious rain not long started here at the Towers..

6 mm in under 90 mins..
Storm whitdeyecallher is going to be wet as promised...
Mornin
Have you ever seen funny rain?

4mm an hour ain't that bad. Unless you happen to be out in it.
You noticed they're all named after women so far. Not alternating as they should do.
We have sunshine and no fog, or rain, here at present.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm just happy for the contacts, from anyone nearby or in the antipodes.....
The card thing only started with me about 6 year ago?
some had been received by the bureau and sent to who would have been my QSL manager and if not a member they get disposed of.
He contacted me and upshot I re-joined the nation body and now you've reminded me a pile has to be sent darn sarff to bureau and more SAEs to manager for more likely more. I can send bulk package four times a year or 5.5 kilos of cards is the limit....
I received 70 odd (?) last quarter....

Window? alive with rain running down it.

The upgrade of the rasp pi operating system just like going up to Windaes eleeven...
there will be some tweaks in the aircraft image, looking like next update may be one done from the ground up. I've other stuff going on so would have to reinstall that, copy and paste job mainly but time consuming....maybe not.

I'm just a small station compared to most..
not a big hitter but relying on knowing when to be there at the right time etc etc..

Coffee time
Seems fair enough. I knew one who logged every contact made. Even if it wasn't the expected one. Seeing as you venture down the scout hut, see if JOTA is ever done by anyone there. Some groups kept a contacts map, showing their contacts location for each country.
It'd be the group number and name recorded.
The "nation body" sounds ominous, especially when you mention the bureau and your manager. Not yer handler for The Bureau is it?
Apologies for reminding you of work forgotten. How heavy is each card and envelope you send out? 13lb a year, weight wise is a fair bit.

And obscuring yer chances of eyeballing Alice no doubt.

Just like Windows eleven! Yer doomed, doomed, do yer hear me, doomed to perpetual updates at times you'd rather not do them.

I realise yer just a one man band, but you might get another Bob calling one day to announce summat. You never know!!
Does that include knowing when to walk away and when to run. Not counting at the table...

Coffee worked it's magic?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Mornin
Have you ever seen funny rain?

4mm an hour ain't that bad. Unless you happen to be out in it.
You noticed they're all named after women so far. Not alternating as they should do.
We have sunshine and no fog, or rain, here at present.

It stopped at 10.5 mm,
the sun is trying to break through..
Seems fair enough. I knew one who logged every contact made. Even if it wasn't the expected one. Seeing as you venture down the scout hut, see if JOTA is ever done by anyone there. Some groups kept a contacts map, showing their contacts location for each country.
It'd be the group number and name recorded.
The "nation body" sounds ominous, especially when you mention the bureau and your manager. Not yer handler for The Bureau is it?
Apologies for reminding you of work forgotten. How heavy is each card and envelope you send out? 13lb a year, weight wise is a fair bit.

And obscuring yer chances of eyeballing Alice no doubt.

Just like Windows eleven! Yer doomed, doomed, do yer hear me, doomed to perpetual updates at times you'd rather not do them.

I realise yer just a one man band, but you might get another Bob calling one day to announce summat. You never know!!
Does that include knowing when to walk away and when to run. Not counting at the table...

Coffee worked it's magic?

We helped with JOTA last year, nothing done this year though..
I 'worked' a few JOTA, a few weeks ago?
It depends on the leaders..

I once sent a parcel weighing a kilo, my first batch out as I organised card printing, in Bulgaria.
I'd batches of 1,000 printed, one lot for here and the other for my previous den of iniquity..

Just did the same back of card....
I'm not expecting much before 2019 but cards do move very slowly though the system,
I did get asked recently for a direct card from a Belgian and it cost £1.50 plus in postage so bureau is the best option....
I don't mind direct if needed.

Plenty Bobs, Robert, Roberto but dunno if another Bobby in the log..
There is two, just checked, both US, one worked twice...
Someone close to me says Bobby is a wee boys name :laugh:

I don't mind windows 11, one tower does the insider preview, other the official version.
Dunno bit those jalopenos in ma toastie is spicy enough...

classic33

Leg End Member
It stopped at 10.5 mm,
the sun is trying to break through..

We helped with JOTA last year, nothing done this year though..
I 'worked' a few JOTA, a few weeks ago?
It depends on the leaders..

I once sent a parcel weighing a kilo, my first batch out as I organised card printing, in Bulgaria.
I'd batches of 1,000 printed, one lot for here and the other for my previous den of iniquity..

Just did the same back of card....
I'm not expecting much before 2019 but cards do move very slowly though the system,
I did get asked recently for a direct card from a Belgian and it cost £1.50 plus in postage so bureau is the best option....
I don't mind direct if needed.

Plenty Bobs, Robert, Roberto but dunno if another Bobby in the log..
There is two, just checked, both US, one worked twice...
Someone close to me says Bobby is a wee boys name :laugh:

I don't mind windows 11, one tower does the insider preview, other the official version.
Dunno bit those jalopenos in ma toastie is spicy enough...
Around the same time the sun disappeared here I wonder?
Return south of the border please...

Sounds as though they don't bother much about it these days. Used to have to book your place for the next one almost as soon as one you were on finished.
And if there's enough interest within the local area, with the scouts.

That's a fair bit to sending in one go.
When you say printed out, you mean with your details, or have you a load to send?
At todays postage charges, I can understand why you don't send 1,000 direct.
Contacts made before 2019 still coming in!

You'll get yer chance, someday...
Remind them about Bobby's Girl.

Everybody I know who has Windows Eleven, says it's worse than ten for updating.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Around the same time the sun disappeared here I wonder?
Return south of the border please...

Sounds as though they don't bother much about it these days. Used to have to book your place for the next one almost as soon as one you were on finished.
And if there's enough interest within the local area, with the scouts.

That's a fair bit to sending in one go.
When you say printed out, you mean with your details, or have you a load to send?
At todays postage charges, I can understand why you don't send 1,000 direct.
Contacts made before 2019 still coming in!

You'll get yer chance, someday...
Remind them about Bobby's Girl.

Everybody I know who has Windows Eleven, says it's worse than ten for updating.

Nah, just the usual regular updates and as i say I get an new insider preview most weeks.
I always find it funny how people accept computer programs, not only Windows, which are buggy as hell when first sold and are updated as they roll along, we wouldn't accept a car, a washing machine etc etc if they were buggy..
I see now Tesla are tying you to basically a lifelong deal if you buy some new sooper dooper truck thing they are building..
none of this pay extras or yearly fees for software upgrades..
you buy the car it should be yours with you buying everything, remember how big plane company had as an extra software package what could have stopped yon plane nosediving with no way of correcting instead of as standard.....
see John Deere repairs in US.....

I've over a hundred to go, padded envelope and off they go.
I have to have six SAE with manager bloke...
I normally get around 100 every three months....
I could make it easier by missing out the land of uber alles..

rain sitting at 12.5 mm so dunno ....if more tonight..I ain't looking

as seen today the UK is officially being run by wahoos

I've had enough today....

classic33

Leg End Member
Nah, just the usual regular updates and as i say I get an new insider preview most weeks.
I always find it funny how people accept computer programs, not only Windows, which are buggy as hell when first sold and are updated as they roll along, we wouldn't accept a car, a washing machine etc etc if they were buggy..
I see now Tesla are tying you to basically a lifelong deal if you buy some new sooper dooper truck thing they are building..
none of this pay extras or yearly fees for software upgrades..
you buy the car it should be yours with you buying everything, remember how big plane company had as an extra software package what could have stopped yon plane nosediving with no way of correcting instead of as standard.....
see John Deere repairs in US.....

I've over a hundred to go, padded envelope and off they go.
I have to have six SAE with manager bloke...
I normally get around 100 every three months....
I could make it easier by missing out the land of uber alles..

rain sitting at 12.5 mm so dunno ....if more tonight..I ain't looking

as seen today the UK is officially being run by wahoos

I've had enough today....
What you done to get an insider preview?
I've a copy of Windows 97 somewhere. If you think Windows 98 were bad compared to 98 SE, Windows 97 is worse than 98. 98 to 98 SE, was a bigger upgrade than 97 to 98.
Think we are used to buying stuff that works from the word go, with those that aren't, willing to accept the updates as part of ownership.
Would you feel safe in a car that relies on updates being received to use it. Don't accept/miss the updates and there's a chance it'll stop on you.

And they're expected to get to their destinations when?
Only a hundred packed. Ever get odd looks at the post office.

Think we may be ahead on the rain front, Debi seems to have been delayed getting here.

Think yer being generous there.

Sithi...

Top Bottom