Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Lots of stuff out there can be decoded, faves of mine is GMDSS or HFDL..
Some programs for it are free..
YaDD for GMDSS or YaND for Navtex...
I use a Youloop HERE, I actually have two but only one is up as I am using the coax for my CubeSat stuff..
I have a desktop contraption which covers quite a bit of spectrum HERE bigger and better are available same place

My SDRPlay has two (three antenna ports) , SDRplay rs1a (basic but superb model has one)..
a much cheaper dongle covers high HF to 1.2 Gig (?) SDRPlays cover 0 - 2 gig..
YouTube is yer mate..
Have a look....

I pointed a couple of pals in that direction..
one borrowed my RSP1A and within an hour of setting it up, purchase made....
as I said the Toob is the place to see them in action.
Never went down the computer route, just liked being able to turn the radio on and listen in.
Now wished I'd taken the ariel from the milkman's house, when the previous tenant was relocated. Now it lies unused in the troughing.

Pipe dream at the moment. What with wireless CCTV and drones in the area, something would happen.

You get yer sales commission?

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning :hello:
The sun is out, the sky is blue but in my garden it should be raining...(apologies to Mr Holly)..
bit more comfy with a breeze picking up yesterday afternoon..
Owdo
Bright n'early today. Earlier than yesterday even.
Up, get yer chores done before it gets too warm, then rest in the warmer part o'day catching up?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Never went down the computer route, just liked being able to turn the radio on and listen in.
Now wished I'd taken the ariel from the milkman's house, when the previous tenant was relocated. Now it lies unused in the troughing.

Pipe dream at the moment. What with wireless CCTV and drones in the area, something would happen.

You get yer sales commission?
He'd been plodding for a couple a year with a dongle..
just a square black plastic box, just easier..
my antennas are all under cover
Owdo
Bright n'early today. Earlier than yesterday even.
Up, get yer chores done before it gets too warm, then rest in the warmer part o'day catching up?
28.7c with promises of some precipitation tomorrow..

classic33

Leg End Member
He'd been plodding for a couple a year with a dongle..
just a square black plastic box, just easier..
my antennas are all under cover

28.7c with promises of some precipitation tomorrow..
Until he listened to you and scaled up his equipment. Catches the bug, will he still talk to you?
Just the square plastic box, what did you sell him!
This was round the back of the house. Half the length either side of the trough.

Promises promises.

Hosepipe ban announced earlier today for the south west, to com into force by the end of the month. 10 days of dry weather!!
What did they do with all that rain that fell down those parts earlier this year.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Until he listened to you and scaled up his equipment. Catches the bug, will he still talk to you?
Just the square plastic box, what did you sell him!
This was round the back of the house. Half the length either side of the trough.

Promises promises.

Hosepipe ban announced earlier today for the south west, to com into force by the end of the month. 10 days of dry weather!!
What did they do with all that rain that fell down those parts earlier this year.

I'm using 24 ft of copper wire ended in an 9:1 UNUN for HF....
for listening I use a Youloop (directional but pointed to Europe) for HF and up to the Marine band (160 MHZ)..
2m and 70cm colinear for my radio use there.

I was swithering over a base scanner....

This website can give you an idea of how powerful SDR can be be and the uses found for it.. HERE
Keep scrolling back......

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm using 24 ft of copper wire ended in an 9:1 UNUN for HF....
for listening I use a Youloop (directional but pointed to Europe) for HF and up to the Marine band (160 MHZ)..
2m and 70cm colinear for my radio use there.

I was swithering over a base scanner....

This website can give you an idea of how powerful SDR can be be and the uses found for it.. HERE
Keep scrolling back......
Me no fully understand!
Not been into the radio the same as yourself for a while now. Started again it'd probably come back.

Don't give in, keep yer card out of harms way!

Blowing out a smart meter?
First generation "smart meter" fitted at home. Bluetooth connection that doesn't work any more since the battery went dead.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Me no fully understand!
Not been into the radio the same as yourself for a while now. Started again it'd probably come back.

Don't give in, keep yer card out of harms way!

Blowing out a smart meter?
First generation "smart meter" fitted at home. Bluetooth connection that doesn't work any more since the battery went dead.

First gen were duffers, no?
recommended you get second gen...
personally not got one in case I blow it up plus someone has let it be known, companies have thought about various pricings during the day but only if everyone has a smartmeter, I don't fall for the fake einstein stuff..
Youngest daughter got caught in a monsoon near Glasgow, it then got cloudy and grey here but it never came to anything but that intense uncomfortable mugginess has returned, melting here just now...

classic33

Leg End Member
First gen were duffers, no?
recommended you get second gen...
personally not got one in case I blow it up plus someone has let it be known, companies have thought about various pricings during the day but only if everyone has a smartmeter, I don't fall for the fake einstein stuff..
Youngest daughter got caught in a monsoon near Glasgow, it then got cloudy and grey here but it never came to anything but that intense uncomfortable mugginess has returned, melting here just now...
I know when the meter readers turned up to take a reading, they couldn't connect with the meter. They always left a small card in the letter box, for the meter reading to be left on the window, for when they came back a week later.
It was a meter change due to the age of the previous one.
Einstein isn't quite up to speed on smart meters, in my view.
No rain here, yet!
Did she get home without getting soaked?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Good afternoon :hello:
Been a day..
all go and about to go more:laugh:
Hope your day has been less fraught than mine..
Tiddles the fish has passed..
my youngest 'inherited' him from us over three years ago..
we reckon 11 or 12 year old..
not a bad life he had....

Bobby Mhor

Guru
I know when the meter readers turned up to take a reading, they couldn't connect with the meter. They always left a small card in the letter box, for the meter reading to be left on the window, for when they came back a week later.
It was a meter change due to the age of the previous one.
Einstein isn't quite up to speed on smart meters, in my view.
No rain here, yet!
Did she get home without getting soaked?

In her car heading to work..
dry as a bone at destination..

Sitting waiting on it arriving here but nothing forecast until 11am the morn, meanwhile we roast..
Off for a jaunt soon..
Radio power supply issues reared their ugly head again so standby one now set up, so hoping that was the problem.. hoping:ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
Good afternoon :hello:
Been a day..
all go and about to go more:laugh:
Hope your day has been less fraught than mine..
Tiddles the fish has passed..
my youngest 'inherited' him from us over three years ago..
we reckon 11 or 12 year old..
not a bad life he had....
Ow's tha doin!
You've been up an'at'em three days on'trot, you'll tire yerself out!
Not over yet either
Did you manage to get a replacement that he'll not be able to tell apart from Tiddles?
Swimming round in a glass bowl, or tank, everyone watching you...

classic33

Leg End Member
In her car heading to work..
dry as a bone at destination..

Sitting waiting on it arriving here but nothing forecast until 11am the morn, meanwhile we roast..
Off for a jaunt soon..
Radio power supply issues reared their ugly head again so standby one now set up, so hoping that was the problem.. hoping:ohmy:
Not a convertible were it.
No rain elsewhere, not uncommon.

We'd a bit o'light rain earler, now gone. Pavements are dry again.
Chauffeured, or are you providing the motive power?
Supply issues on most items these days. Hopefully it were the problem.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Ow's tha doin!
You've been up an'at'em three days on'trot, you'll tire yerself out!
Not over yet either
Did you manage to get a replacement that he'll not be able to tell apart from Tiddles?
Swimming round in a glass bowl, or tank, everyone watching you...

Tha's no bad..
nah, no replacement...
end of an era..
Tiddles old pal, Rover (aye), was well into his 20s...
Youngest daughter has enough going on so no more fish.
newish tank and almost new filter so back to the Tower's storage area..
who knows?
maybe? perhaps :laugh:
All the fish knew my name..
they all swam round saying Bob, Bob and Bob.

Catching up on the racing and just heard Rob Hatch repeat what Roman Bardet wrote concerning the late Gino Mader.
Very touching.....

I'm away to gloat with the rest of us Jocks after tonight's result.....

I was driven...
sad to see the remains of the old country church I was married in, it had gone on fire with the roof and insides destroyed..
Nice run though and met a quick shower near Stirling but nothing that would wet the road for a few seconds.
We are promised some light rain at some points tomorrow.
No doubt family visits tomorrow.....
Off to get a drink..
Its dry.. you have to keep your fluid levels up.....

honest...

classic33

Leg End Member
Tha's no bad..
nah, no replacement...
end of an era..
Tiddles old pal, Rover (aye), was well into his 20s...
Youngest daughter has enough going on so no more fish.
newish tank and almost new filter so back to the Tower's storage area..
who knows?
maybe? perhaps :laugh:
All the fish knew my name..
they all swam round saying Bob, Bob and Bob.

Catching up on the racing and just heard Rob Hatch repeat what Roman Bardet wrote concerning the late Gino Mader.
Very touching.....

I'm away to gloat with the rest of us Jocks after tonight's result.....

I was driven...
sad to see the remains of the old country church I was married in, it had gone on fire with the roof and insides destroyed..
Nice run though and met a quick shower near Stirling but nothing that would wet the road for a few seconds.
We are promised some light rain at some points tomorrow.
No doubt family visits tomorrow.....
Off to get a drink..
Its dry.. you have to keep your fluid levels up.....

honest...
Good to hear.
Replacement never even considered.
Rover were another goldfish I presume, or were your daughter always washing him in the tank?
Could you not get a virtual tank set up, with half a dozen fish watching what yer doing?
You trained them well!

Always nice to hear the commentator(s) remind people of how another person was like in their sport.

What were the result, and who were they playing?

Arson, accident or act of god.
If the first, why? Have never understood why anyone sets fire to a church. Whatever their religion.

The shower have any news for you, you it?
We're due thunder, lighting and heavy rain, sometime tomorrow. I do like accurate weather forecasts...
You be going or them coming...
Drink before the visiting begins!

Ay, can't let herself dry out in this warmer spell of weather. You could end up unable to do anything.

I believe you...

Top Bottom