Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
For now!
Windows 12 due out next year, possibly.
I've been looking at newer printers. Problem for me is they all seem a "bit fragile" these days. And of course you can't get just a printer these days. They include scanners, fax and other stuff I'd never use. Which makes them more "fragile" than a true printer.
I'm a tower person myself, still. With the possibility of a cheap second-hand laptop to work the newer printers.
Canon BJC-6500 is my main printer, doing A3, but has handled/printed over 50,000 A4 sheets at more than 30% coverage. Mention that when looking for a new printer and there's an instant recoil as they search for something that can match it.

The price of spare parts can be eye watering to say the least.

Front ready for membrane and stones...
Spent some time and just finished after planting out beetroot seedlings in a gutter..
still some growing but dunno if I have enough.. I'll put a couple of lettuce ones in to fill up the gap.

Very muggy day, I have even opened the window shock horror.

Printer ink is one of the biggest scams, its more expensive than Dom Perignon, joke was that a billion pound insurance claim after a printer ink tanker crashed....
Daughter has one of the Epson ones with the ink system, says she finds it okay, I rarely print anything and I use cheapo inks, they do.

Plenty of refurb windows 10 machines about but 11 needs a couple of thing set the right way before installing although you can side load it, my towers must be a decade old but still kept lean and mean but time to move on, same towers but faster essential parts...

Work all done, stones needed (membrane not going down until stones arrive) and of course, the Giro is on ^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
Front ready for membrane and stones...
Spent some time and just finished after planting out beetroot seedlings in a gutter..
still some growing but dunno if I have enough.. I'll put a couple of lettuce ones in to fill up the gap.

Very muggy day, I have even opened the window shock horror.

Printer ink is one of the biggest scams, its more expensive than Dom Perignon, joke was that a billion pound insurance claim after a printer ink tanker crashed....
Daughter has one of the Epson ones with the ink system, says she finds it okay, I rarely print anything and I use cheapo inks, they do.

Plenty of refurb windows 10 machines about but 11 needs a couple of thing set the right way before installing although you can side load it, my towers must be a decade old but still kept lean and mean but time to move on, same towers but faster essential parts...

Work all done, stones needed (membrane not going down until stones arrive) and of course, the Giro is on ^_^
Done on yer own?
Most folk bother about getting blocked gutters, and here's you growing stuff in yours.

T'were like that here yesterday, now dry with a bit of sun. Some folk watering their gardens as it hasn't rained today(during daylight hours).

The ink cartridge's are the reason I've been looking at getting a new printer myself. My supply of ink is getting low, as are my print heads. Canon decided to use the same cartridge's on a different printer, with a different number. But I've had no luck finding them. Shop staff seem lost when you ask for print yield and how long a printer will last.

So long as it does what I want to do, not something similar(usually costing extra), I'll use it. Never felt the need for the latest and fastest machine.

You'll have yer feet up while you recover watching the cycling on the telly, with yer refreshments close to hand. Minimise movement.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Done on yer own?
Most folk bother about getting blocked gutters, and here's you growing stuff in yours.

T'were like that here yesterday, now dry with a bit of sun. Some folk watering their gardens as it hasn't rained today(during daylight hours).

The ink cartridge's are the reason I've been looking at getting a new printer myself. My supply of ink is getting low, as are my print heads. Canon decided to use the same cartridge's on a different printer, with a different number. But I've had no luck finding them. Shop staff seem lost when you ask for print yield and how long a printer will last.

So long as it does what I want to do, not something similar(usually costing extra), I'll use it. Never felt the need for the latest and fastest machine.

You'll have yer feet up while you recover watching the cycling on the telly, with yer refreshments close to hand. Minimise movement.
Mrs M did four permit recycling trips...
luckily it is quite handy, toatty wee car doesn't help....

Shop staff only tell you it prints colour and black...
can't remember but Epson print tank (?) are supposed to be cheaper per print...
never really looked at them...

That much is going in in a couple of seconds, it tended to slightly hang, in 2 secs it checks 37,000 bits of info and decides if contacted before on that band and mode and lots other stuff going on...complex TBH...
s**t off a shovel now....
It could be faster if I'd have spent much more money..
I got the faster budget options I guess, not the gaming speed edition although the graphics card he gave me is still a pretty penny.....
Owdidodi
That's a bit unfair, especially given it's a day of rest.
Could you not have glued yourself to the path in protest.
Once they call saying chips on the way then I'll start putting the membrane down, it isn't a big area TBH..
I'm hoping two bags will do and the other will do around the back of the hut and fence....
Off to play some radio and beer..

classic33

Leg End Member
Mrs M did four permit recycling trips...
luckily it is quite handy, toatty wee car doesn't help....

Shop staff only tell you it prints colour and black...
can't remember but Epson print tank (?) are supposed to be cheaper per print...
never really looked at them...

That much is going in in a couple of seconds, it tended to slightly hang, in 2 secs it checks 37,000 bits of info and decides if contacted before on that band and mode and lots other stuff going on...complex TBH...
s**t off a shovel now....
It could be faster if I'd have spent much more money..
I got the faster budget options I guess, not the gaming speed edition although the graphics card he gave me is still a pretty penny.....

Once they call saying chips on the way then I'll start putting the membrane down, it isn't a big area TBH..
I'm hoping two bags will do and the other will do around the back of the hut and fence....
Off to play some radio and beer...
How's it working out now you're her, as far as the council are concerned? You/she not been stopped and questioned yet over what you're/she's wearing?

Pretty much all they're able to tell you. I pushed my luck and asked about a set of inks had them admit they didn't know if they actually sold them.

I've an Epsom printer back in the box, in the attic. Second replacement within a month. Worn out two of them, and they'll not replace the second.

Was it worth what you spent on upgrades? Time as much as money.
Could you manage that amount at that speed?

And if they call first thing, saying you're first on the list...
You'll run out of space to grow things in.

How do you play beer?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Good morning :hello:
Good news today, I don't have plant watering duties..
being done naturally as I write this:cuppa:
Planted seedlings yesterday so hopefully not lying battered:ohmy:
I'll be guttered if they do:rolleyes:

Bobby Mhor

Guru
How's it working out now you're her, as far as the council are concerned? You/she not been stopped and questioned yet over what you're/she's wearing?

Pretty much all they're able to tell you. I pushed my luck and asked about a set of inks had them admit they didn't know if they actually sold them.

I've an Epsom printer back in the box, in the attic. Second replacement within a month. Worn out two of them, and they'll not replace the second.

Was it worth what you spent on upgrades? Time as much as money.
Could you manage that amount at that speed?

And if they call first thing, saying you're first on the list...
You'll run out of space to grow things in.

How do you play beer?

My printer is only plugged in when needed..
it shares a socket with my Fire stick...

ordered something from the Orient yesterday, I got an email early AM saying it will be with me soon..

by 20/06/2023:laugh:

Beer ?
take two cans and see how long each can last...

They can dump the sacks on the driveway, doubt anything being done today...

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning :hello:
Good news today, I don't have plant watering duties..
being done naturally as I write this:cuppa:
Planted seedlings yesterday so hopefully not lying battered:ohmy:
I'll be guttered if they do:rolleyes:
Owdo
You not feeding them?
How long's it been raining, and does it look set in for the day.
They might be in need of a few quick swimming lessons.

Feet up...

classic33

Leg End Member
My printer is only plugged in when needed..
it shares a socket with my Fire stick...

ordered something from the Orient yesterday, I got an email early AM saying it will be with me soon..

by 20/06/2023:laugh:

Beer ?
take two cans and see how long each can last...

They can dump the sacks on the driveway, doubt anything being done today...
I only plug mine in when required. No point in leaving it plugged in "just in case".

That fast!
It'll turn up tomorrow now, you watch. Chance increases if you have anything planned.

That's how you do it.
Were it worth playing beer...

Will they be collecting the sacks when empty, or will you have somewhere to put your garden waste afterwards.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo
You not feeding them?
How long's it been raining, and does it look set in for the day.
They might be in need of a few quick swimming lessons.

Feet up...

I only plug mine in when required. No point in leaving it plugged in "just in case".

That fast!
It'll turn up tomorrow now, you watch. Chance increases if you have anything planned.

That's how you do it.
Were it worth playing beer...

Will they be collecting the sacks when empty, or will you have somewhere to put your garden waste afterwards.

Boss and I have laid the membrane, almost two bags of 20mm chips laid and raked at the front....
one stone edge merging with wood bark, I'll cut a strip of wood but that can wait until tomorrow..
enough for the old ones today...
I'm not moving from here......

It'll be nice (I hope) once a few showers of rain cleans the chips...
looks weird after being grass...
hopefully now low maintenance..
bag and a quarter ? for use at the back round the hut but that'll do another day..
we'll keep the bags....

classic33

Leg End Member
Boss and I have laid the membrane, almost two bags of 20mm chips laid and raked at the front....
one stone edge merging with wood bark, I'll cut a strip of wood but that can wait until tomorrow..
enough for the old ones today...
I'm not moving from here......

It'll be nice (I hope) once a few showers of rain cleans the chips...
looks weird after being grass...
hopefully now low maintenance..
bag and a quarter ? for use at the back round the hut but that'll do another day..
we'll keep the bags....
Was the boss supervising, or joining in pulling her weight.
Stone chips, wood chips, any potato chips?
From where, as if it needs asking.

You want it to rain!
Noisy at night as well. Neighbour took hers up after a year.
Whose estimate was out?
The bags will come in handy for the garden waste runs to the tip.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo there

Weather held off and yer chips are down?
The front has used approx 1.75 bags (extra in one so possibly near 2), I think 18 -19m2 done..
est 5cm depth at 10m squared.
Was the boss supervising, or joining in pulling her weight.
Stone chips, wood chips, any potato chips?
From where, as if it needs asking.

You want it to rain!
Noisy at night as well. Neighbour took hers up after a year.
Whose estimate was out?
The bags will come in handy for the garden waste runs to the tip.
The boss got stuck in and did well for someone soon approaching pensioner status :laugh:
Stone chips, 20mm Spey something..
one stretch of wood bark to a side gate, we'll keep that plus renew/top up bark along the fledgling beech hedge.
I could head out with the hose but might just let nature take it course......
I've about 8 empty compost bags so will fill them and keep just to top if needed, once they settle...
I'm going to enjoy my beer tonight.....

classic33

Leg End Member
The front has used approx 1.75 bags (extra in one so possibly near 2), I think 18 -19m2 done..
est 5cm depth at 10m squared.

The boss got stuck in and did well for someone soon approaching pensioner status :laugh:
Stone chips, 20mm Spey something..
one stretch of wood bark to a side gate, we'll keep that plus renew/top up bark along the fledgling beech hedge.
I could head out with the hose but might just let nature take it course......
I've about 8 empty compost bags so will fill them and keep just to top if needed, once they settle...
I'm going to enjoy my beer tonight.....
They didn't give you short measure then.
How long did it take the pair of you, other than long enough.

She were unable to jeep you supplied with rehydration materials then.
You'll be finished before you're finished at this rate. Pace yerssen...
Let nature do some work, that helps you.

Why not, it's been earned today, and tomorrow.

Top Bottom