Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Not you!
Were you slacking...
You make it sound as though there's places that don't/won't serve you.

You got to Ireland! That's abroad.
If you've no passport, how'd you manage to see Italy.
And now there's a five week strike, you'll have to wait a while if you want one now.
If god had intended us to fly, he'd have given us tickets.
The food abroad is different to here. What's wrong with a fried breakfast?

It'll dip, don't worry.

Quite possibly, why shouldn't you.

I've been to the ould country many a time.....
even subjected my family to two holidays there as well:laugh:
Loved my breaks which funnily was started mostly just after the 17/03..
flew over and met me mate and down south we headed..
Took tow workmates over five times (?) for a week boozing with some fishing flung in..
I had a passport in those days..
those were ferry journeys..
memories are good ones....
Reynolds pub at Roosky bridge, fine drunken nights (and days) during the Foot&Mouth days, well we couldn't fish..

almost dropped in for a morrisons fry up earlier, almost

classic33

Leg End Member
Good morning (in UTC) :hello:
You nearly missed it!

Ow's tha doing...

classic33

Leg End Member
I've been to the ould country many a time.....
even subjected my family to two holidays there as well:laugh:
Loved my breaks which funnily was started mostly just after the 17/03..
flew over and met me mate and down south we headed..
Took tow workmates over five times (?) for a week boozing with some fishing flung in..
I had a passport in those days..
those were ferry journeys..
memories are good ones....
Reynolds pub at Roosky bridge, fine drunken nights (and days) during the Foot&Mouth days, well we couldn't fish..

almost dropped in for a morrisons fry up earlier, almost
Will you be heading back, no passport required to get there.
Get yer kids to pay for/fund yer holiday the next time you want to go, and take them with you.

Go on a fishing trip and find out you can't go fishing...

What stopped you going in, price?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Will you be heading back, no passport required to get there.
Get yer kids to pay for/fund yer holiday the next time you want to go, and take them with you.

Go on a fishing trip and find out you can't go fishing...

What stopped you going in, price?

Nah, the Lakes will do me occasional breaks.
I have my fishing permit to fish the canals over here, just haven't got round to doing it...

We were heading elsewhere..
and typical and saw cheap plants.

Back home and cut the grass so tomorrow will do for potting up what we bought, we had a few frost casualties.....
Youngest daughter wants spuds so trying the Lidl bucket thingy idea so a trip to hers to do that maybe tomorrow.
Off back to the Basque country..
love the scenery there..

classic33

Leg End Member
Nah, the Lakes will do me occasional breaks.
I have my fishing permit to fish the canals over here, just haven't got round to doing it...

We were heading elsewhere..
and typical and saw cheap plants.

Back home and cut the grass so tomorrow will do for potting up what we bought, we had a few frost casualties.....
Youngest daughter wants spuds so trying the Lidl bucket thingy idea so a trip to hers to do that maybe tomorrow.
Off back to the Basque country..
love the scenery there..
You'll not be venturing further afield than the lakes then.
Does it cover magnetic fishing.

And you just had to pull in and buy some whilst sampling their coffee.

You'll have it done by now then and be halfway on with yer potting. Suitable burial/disposal?
Give her step by step instructions over the phone, no need to travel.
Ideas for yer next holiday, maybe. Beach in the garden.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
You'll not be venturing further afield than the lakes then.
Does it cover magnetic fishing.

And you just had to pull in and buy some whilst sampling their coffee.

You'll have it done by now then and be halfway on with yer potting. Suitable burial/disposal?
Give her step by step instructions over the phone, no need to travel.
Ideas for yer next holiday, maybe. Beach in the garden.

Life can be a beach at times:ohmy:
Need to travel to find some good sand...

we have a magnetic fishing game here....
Bit wat oot so tomorrow or maybe later, no hurry.

Just under a hundred cards need logged and labelled to send....jeez.
my 3 monthly batch arrived t'other day..

classic33

Leg End Member
Life can be a beach at times:ohmy:
Need to travel to find some good sand...

we have a magnetic fishing game here....
Bit wat oot so tomorrow or maybe later, no hurry.

Just under a hundred cards need logged and labelled to send....jeez.
my 3 monthly batch arrived t'other day..
True, but you need a beach in yer garden for the Easter Weekend.
No sandy beach nearby, within driving distance?

Nah you want to go magnetic fishing in the canals near you. Who knows what you'll pull out?
Places open Friday up there/no four day Bank Holiday weekend?

Do you fill them in using the manual method, or some system to print them. If manual, hope you don't get writers cramp filling them in.

Out in a "No Phone Zone" most of today, hence the late response.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
True, but you need a beach in yer garden for the Easter Weekend.
No sandy beach nearby, within driving distance?

Nah you want to go magnetic fishing in the canals near you. Who knows what you'll pull out?
Places open Friday up there/no four day Bank Holiday weekend?

Do you fill them in using the manual method, or some system to print them. If manual, hope you don't get writers cramp filling them in.

Out in a "No Phone Zone" most of today, hence the late response.

I've watched the magnet fishermen in the canal pull endless bits of scrap out, thought about doing it myself at the last locale as plenty streams and bridges and plenty of past history in the area.

Pruned our two roses, Mrs M was commenting on how severe I pruned so if it goes wrong, at least I'll get peace:laugh:

Cards? all manually type and printed, I haven't cracked it yet, wrong label size I bought and as they were reduced I bought a couple of packs, not even cheapos the good make.

I do something called POTA chasing, people activating parks all over the place, got 129 eQSL from the main bloke I catch , he is French but heads in Belgium and Holland but signs only in F instead of say ON/F***** or PA/F**** so I amend the call but all these cards were in F from so I hand answered them all late into this morning.
Caught him this morning and he's down as an F.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've watched the magnet fishermen in the canal pull endless bits of scrap out, thought about doing it myself at the last locale as plenty streams and bridges and plenty of past history in the area.

Pruned our two roses, Mrs M was commenting on how severe I pruned so if it goes wrong, at least I'll get peace:laugh:

Cards? all manually type and printed, I haven't cracked it yet, wrong label size I bought and as they were reduced I bought a couple of packs, not even cheapos the good make.

I do something called POTA chasing, people activating parks all over the place, got 129 eQSL from the main bloke I catch , he is French but heads in Belgium and Holland but signs only in F instead of say ON/F***** or PA/F**** so I amend the call but all these cards were in F from so I hand answered them all late into this morning.
Caught him this morning and he's down as an F.
Might even pull a few of these. Or something bigger.

Clip round lughole if you got it wrong?

Not hand written then.
Try printing on a plain sheet of paper and match your margins and columns to match yer label sheet. Avery?

Your still on the hunt then.
The bed were a welcome sight. How's the arms feel now, the morning after.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Might even pull a few of these. Or something bigger.

Clip round lughole if you got it wrong?

Not hand written then.
Try printing on a plain sheet of paper and match your margins and columns to match yer label sheet. Avery?

Your still on the hunt then.
The bed were a welcome sight. How's the arms feel now, the morning after.

I've no problem with a template on the maker's website..
as long as I remember to save every six labels, 24 on a sheet so 4 sheets to do over the weekend.
Avery, yeah.
One online website I use does have the same label template in it's choice but can't get my head around it but it won't take that long now the actual logging has been done, might be just as quicker doing it the way I have been once I search out everything.

Getting near time to spar with EE again...next month I can upgrade..
or more likely wait until June and buy a cheap sim.
They along with many others just got greedy......

after last night, I had to manually fill in on 81 loggings, twice :laugh:
All done now...
reverted back to just put down what callsign he uses, caught him twice today in ON land but he's an F1 in the log..

classic33

Leg End Member
I've no problem with a template on the maker's website..
as long as I remember to save every six labels, 24 on a sheet so 4 sheets to do over the weekend.
Avery, yeah.
One online website I use does have the same label template in it's choice but can't get my head around it but it won't take that long now the actual logging has been done, might be just as quicker doing it the way I have been once I search out everything.

Getting near time to spar with EE again...next month I can upgrade..
or more likely wait until June and buy a cheap sim.
They along with many others just got greedy......

after last night, I had to manually fill in on 81 loggings, twice :laugh:
All done now...
reverted back to just put down what callsign he uses, caught him twice today in ON land but he's an F1 in the log..
If you're using word, have a look at what templates are already there. They've most of the common sizes-layouts covered. Making printing a full sheet of the same label a doddle. I use a Text Box rather than plain formatting. Just changing the text each time it's required.

They ain't cheap at the best of times, Avery is beyond normal pricing for everyday use. HP's were useless, as the spacing seemed to be different to every other one out there I'd used.

Well the 3G signal is supposed to be knocked off from this quarter onwards. Pity the emergency services when they can't get a 4G/5G signal round these parts. I'd wait until the 3G signal goes, then do battle with them. It's what I'm planning on doing.

Logging them all into this morning, then you'd to fill in each one again! Twice!!
I'd be doing it the same way, same log record name for the same person. Saves time, ink, labels and writing it all down.

You opened a business down here?
There's a "Bob's Buns", based north o'border, been round here a while now.

Top Bottom