Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
You'll not get in trouble if there is no life in it, will you.

"Logging up" again!
Sorta knew you weren't taking it serious.

Serious, me?
giphy.gif

classic33

Leg End Member
Afternoon all :hello:
El dentist earlier..
extraction in two weeks time....
wallet and tooth:cry:
Evening
Sounds painful, especially the wallet.
Could you not "borrow" someone else's card and pay with it? £100 limit, no PIN required. Three, maybe four before you're need to enter a number.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Evening
Sounds painful, especially the wallet.
Could you not "borrow" someone else's card and pay with it? £100 limit, no PIN required. Three, maybe four before you're need to enter a number.

Tried contactless in two shops today..
nah, had to insert card..
in one shop, it kept adding an extra digit to my pin...
weird....
still think 100 is far too much......

classic33

Leg End Member
Tried contactless in two shops today..
nah, had to insert card..
in one shop, it kept adding an extra digit to my pin...
weird....
still think 100 is far too much......
Not a fan of contactless, too easy get the cash. Chip n'Pin at least you slow down, get a chance to think about it.
I've caused the system to crash in more than one shop before today.
Especially if you loose the card.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Owdo
Yer've been kept busy to prevent idle hands?
I'd just switch the radio on....
and waste my time there, I don't mind a bit of shopping..
see Moore, Seamus. The Ballad of Lidl and Aldi.....
Not a fan of contactless, too easy get the cash. Chip n'Pin at least you slow down, get a chance to think about it.
I've caused the system to crash in more than one shop before today.
Especially if you loose the card.
Not bad for small sums, £20 or even £10 max...
I can see the reason for encouraging it during Covid...
my card is due for renewal so it's a bogger to go update everything.

Lazy evening, not really going to get the bleach out to pass the time...
I normally keep some cycling for TV less evenings but one was time trial today...
Exactly 0.0c now :ohmy:
Promises of minus 4c overnight....

Been watching thon Hornby programme on Yesterday, interesting (until I priced the train sets etc)

classic33

Leg End Member
I'd just switch the radio on....
and waste my time there, I don't mind a bit of shopping..
see Moore, Seamus. The Ballad of Lidl and Aldi.....

Not bad for small sums, £20 or even £10 max...
I can see the reason for encouraging it during Covid...
my card is due for renewal so it's a bogger to go update everything.

Lazy evening, not really going to get the bleach out to pass the time...
I normally keep some cycling for TV less evenings but one was time trial today...
Exactly 0.0c now :ohmy:
Promises of minus 4c overnight....

Been watching thon Hornby programme on Yesterday, interesting (until I priced the train sets etc)
Idle hands at "work"?
You don't mind shopping!
Are you feeling right, not coming down with owt are you.
See the shopping trolley by Ritchie Kavanagh, for what goes on inside those places.

I've a £10 contactless limit on my cards.
Even during covids early days the limit was the same. PIN required for anything more than that.
Put in place after they were pinched and used. Try getting a similar thing done for yerself.

Would that have helped the evening go quicker for you.
No interest in time trials. The thrill of the chase does it for you.

Already below 0°C here, for a few hours now. They keep on promising snow, but fail to deliver.

The program isn't bad, but the price of the sets is beyond most kids range nowadays. No new blood coming into the hobby, you start to find it hard to keep the hobby a hobby for everyone. That and too many limited production runs, will only see prices rise and quality go down. As will numbers.
Kolher got told that when he visited the shop. He even agreed it was right, but he came back with limited production runs and all singing, all dancing loco's.

Try "O" Guage, the OO prices are getting close to it now. If for the Young Un, have a gander at Bachmann and Thomas the Tank Engine.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Idle hands at "work"?
You don't mind shopping!
Are you feeling right, not coming down with owt are you.
See the shopping trolley by Ritchie Kavanagh, for what goes on inside those places.

I've a £10 contactless limit on my cards.
Even during covids early days the limit was the same. PIN required for anything more than that.
Put in place after they were pinched and used. Try getting a similar thing done for yerself.

Would that have helped the evening go quicker for you.
No interest in time trials. The thrill of the chase does it for you.

Already below 0°C here, for a few hours now. They keep on promising snow, but fail to deliver.

The program isn't bad, but the price of the sets is beyond most kids range nowadays. No new blood coming into the hobby, you start to find it hard to keep the hobby a hobby for everyone. That and too many limited production runs, will only see prices rise and quality go down. As will numbers.
Kolher got told that when he visited the shop. He even agreed it was right, but he came back with limited production runs and all singing, all dancing loco's.

Try "O" Guage, the OO prices are getting close to it now. If for the Young Un, have a gander at Bachmann and Thomas the Tank Engine.

It passes an hour or two..
domestics or shopping?

It wasn't for the wee fella :ohmy:
He's not a Tank Engine fan...
I'm just intigued by the work that goes into the planning of revamps or new models...
I suppose R&D must cost...
but everything is expensive in the model world, I remember basic Airfix around 2/- ( many, many moons ago), can still smell that glue...

minus 7.6c here around 6am..

classic33

Leg End Member
It passes an hour or two..
domestics or shopping?

It wasn't for the wee fella :ohmy:
He's not a Tank Engine fan...
I'm just intigued by the work that goes into the planning of revamps or new models...
I suppose R&D must cost...
but everything is expensive in the model world, I remember basic Airfix around 2/- ( many, many moons ago), can still smell that glue...

minus 7.6c here around 6am..
And you'll be inside as well, for either activity.

For yerself...
You could introduce him to them.
What goes into getting the exterior looking correct, whilst leaving what's inside untouched. Unless yer adding bells and whistle.
It can, but when you consider the number that one manufacturer has made over the years.
Limited Editions are taking over again, prices have increased and many folk can't pay, or won't, the prices being asked. Leaving a limited market.

We'd a brief period of snowfall here, now stopped.

Top Bottom