Tea?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Log? Log?
I log everything:laugh:

I log electronically then have a paper log which isn't a paper log as such, I just haven't printed the individual sheets off, it's up to 1082 now:laugh:
I log benchmarks, this cubesat thing I'm doing, daily plane numbers, all my WX stats (snip and save in jpg), might be something else:laugh:, all backed up to at least two or three places online...
Aye, maybe a small antenna could go in, I've two loops I could fit (4m and 2m)..

After compiling the file I had to sent to the organiser, I had one which looked out of place, it had been an unverified finish so now 76, I'll take that, log emailed off now to wait:okay:
Aye, first call I made was 8am local Sat, I wasn't at radio all the time, I could have carried on last night but nah, mind blown with it:laugh:
Do you log your logs?

Just think if you did all that with pen and paper, including yer copies(backups).

Does losing one lower yer chances of getting into the top 100 much.

I take it it gets warm in yer attic with all that going on in it. Could look "interesting" under infra red, from above.

Rest and recovery day today then. Writers cramp can be as bad as RSI you know.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Do you log your logs?

Just think if you did all that with pen and paper, including yer copies(backups).

Does losing one lower yer chances of getting into the top 100 much.

I take it it gets warm in yer attic with all that going on in it. Could look "interesting" under infra red, from above.

Rest and recovery day today then. Writers cramp can be as bad as RSI you know.

It wouldn't for the power I run, I have to do an EMF calculation now for all bands, eg HF, VHF and UHF which I use.
There are power and distance limits, self policing but I'm okay...

It would be good to get into the top 100, logs have to be in by the 2nd Sept, 64 in just now...

classic33

Leg End Member
It wouldn't for the power I run, I have to do an EMF calculation now for all bands, eg HF, VHF and UHF which I use.
There are power and distance limits, self policing but I'm okay...

It would be good to get into the top 100, logs have to be in by the 2nd Sept, 64 in just now...
No danger of an unexpected knock on the door in the early hours then.
What killed the cat question, what's your distance limit?

Get into the top 100 and you'd be bouncing off the ceiling, by the sound of things. It's still only August/the start of the week, that's one limit you're within. Now a wait & see game. Best o'luck.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have bimbled a quarter of a century..
I see Outlander is being filmed today (I passed the studio).
now having loop de loop..
after Maccy's freebie coffee and freebie cheeseburger,
I like free
So much for a doing nothing day. The other three quarters later this week...
They didn't want you as an extra and dragged you in. Filming round here is on the streets. Finished for now.
Enjoy the freebies?

Bobby Mhor

Guru
No danger of an unexpected knock on the door in the early hours then.
What killed the cat question, what's your distance limit?

Get into the top 100 and you'd be bouncing off the ceiling, by the sound of things. It's still only August/the start of the week, that's one limit you're within. Now a wait & see game. Best o'luck.

Distance is down to power used, power out the back of the radio into a no gain antenna , gets complicated, I'll suffer a power loss because my antenna isn't resonant on most frequencies I used, the problem of using it on bands from 80m to 10m, a half wave dipole antenna at 80m is 40m and at 10m is , you guessed, 5m so I use an antenna tuning unit to electronically 'fool' the radio into thinking it's resonant, a resonant antenna obviously works much better, antennas are a black magic art.
SO if the antenna is resonant, the say 20 watts output will only drop due to coaxial cable losses (depends on quality and length) could be as high as say 18 watts but a non-resonant antenna, fooled by an ATU could be as high as ??? (much lower) there are formulas but I want a beer :laugh:

90 logs in.....

classic33

Leg End Member
Distance is down to power used, power out the back of the radio into a no gain antenna , gets complicated, I'll suffer a power loss because my antenna isn't resonant on most frequencies I used, the problem of using it on bands from 80m to 10m, a half wave dipole antenna at 80m is 40m and at 10m is , you guessed, 5m so I use an antenna tuning unit to electronically 'fool' the radio into thinking it's resonant, a resonant antenna obviously works much better, antennas are a black magic art.
SO if the antenna is resonant, the say 20 watts output will only drop due to coaxial cable losses (depends on quality and length) could be as high as say 18 watts but a non-resonant antenna, fooled by an ATU could be as high as ??? (much lower) there are formulas but I want a beer :laugh:

90 logs in.....
You make it sound so easy.

You have yer beer, yer still in the top 100, worth celebrating.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
You make it sound so easy.

You have yer beer, yer still in the top 100, worth celebrating.

they supply us with an online calculator, saves the grey matter getting frazzled (literally),
I guess I should have a warning sign on the loft door...
Oh well, think I'll tidy Bob's shack area up today..
It may be fun..

classic33

Leg End Member
they supply us with an online calculator, saves the grey matter getting frazzled (literally),
I guess I should have a warning sign on the loft door...
Oh well, think I'll tidy Bob's shack area up today..
It may be fun..
You'd find one if they didn't supply one.
A bit like the one in on the door of an Xray department door, or "Evil Geniuses Lab"?
How'd it get in a mess, gio there's only you allowed in. You not tidying up after yerssen.
You never know what you'll find. Maybe a half eaten bar of chocolate, that packet of biscuit's you were hiding...

Bobby Mhor

Guru
You'd find one if they didn't supply one.
A bit like the one in on the door of an Xray department door, or "Evil Geniuses Lab"?
How'd it get in a mess, gio there's only you allowed in. You not tidying up after yerssen.
You never know what you'll find. Maybe a half eaten bar of chocolate, that packet of biscuit's you were hiding...
Nothing found..
not even pizza:laugh:
lots of what we Jocks call stoor,
electrical equipment just 'attracts' it but hopefully all cleaned now..
have to move the desk which is a ton weight to do the windows.
all done and settled with a:cuppa:
Owdo
T'ain't too bad out, you can see the sun.

Isn't it that the wrong way. Don't you book the domestics.
Enjoy
Certain domestics are mine so I prefer wet days for getting things done but a dry but grey day, very muggy as I found out earlier.
It's trying to remember where to put every cable and lead on the computer towers.
I'd an audio less problem, I must have pressed something that muted it but soon got going...

Just saw this..
26.09.22 THROB 7.042-7.050, 10.141-10.144

interesting mode :laugh:
I've never used it:becool:

It's a Monday activity...
might look and see what programme I'd use..

classic33

Leg End Member
Nothing found..
not even pizza:laugh:
lots of what we Jocks call stoor,
electrical equipment just 'attracts' it but hopefully all cleaned now..
have to move the desk which is a ton weight to do the windows.
all done and settled with a:cuppa:

Certain domestics are mine so I prefer wet days for getting things done but a dry but grey day, very muggy as I found out earlier.
It's trying to remember where to put every cable and lead on the computer towers.
I'd an audio less problem, I must have pressed something that muted it but soon got going...

Just saw this..
26.09.22 THROB 7.042-7.050, 10.141-10.144

interesting mode :laugh:
I've never used it:becool:

It's a Monday activity...
might look and see what programme I'd use..
Nothing, there must have been summat there!
Don't go lifting heavy weights. Now you know it's heavy.
Done and' dusted, feet up awaiting time to move again.

When you've no desire to go out and possibly get wet.
Aren't your cables and sockets colour coded? Makes the job of matching them up at a later day a lot easier.

Report back what you get on THROB mode, it sounds interesting. A bit like the sign over a button that shows "Do not press this button".

THROB mode or cleaning?
Report back with your findings.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Nothing, there must have been summat there!
Don't go lifting heavy weights. Now you know it's heavy.
Done and' dusted, feet up awaiting time to move again.

When you've no desire to go out and possibly get wet.
Aren't your cables and sockets colour coded? Makes the job of matching them up at a later day a lot easier.

Report back what you get on THROB mode, it sounds interesting. A bit like the sign over a button that shows "Do not press this button".

THROB mode or cleaning?
Report back with your findings.

throb.jpg

dats Throb..... 1, 2, or 4..
no 3 though....
on the waterfall but not the waterfall as you know it....
apparently it sounds like something giving off a throb noise..
nothing about, might listen on that day...
there will be samples

colour coded? nah, paper labelled, much easier until they fall off:laugh:

I'm doing nothing except opening some beer later

Top Bottom