Tea? (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Yes..nice and bright and warm but not showing is the South Westerly I spent most of my time pushing against. My schedule tells me a good ride is due tomorrow.. whether my body agrees with that or not is yet to be seen.:smile:

@ScotiaLass would be cleaning it by now....:rolleyes:
What do you think of the crud catcher type thingy they have fitted? Think it would keep a modest amount of spray/muck off without fitting full mudguards?

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
What do you think of the crud catcher type thingy they have fitted?
Not really tested in the sort of conditions it should be useful in yet really.
I have bought some full mudguards for it anyway, my experience from the Velodysse trip tells me that a Crudcatcher is not man enough by itself to do a proper job - you may have seen the pic - so I think it'll just be a secondary line of protection for the cabling that runs that way. The rack with a trunk bag on at the back doesn't give much protection either, so I think it's a delusion to think you can just battle through without when the going gets wet and muddy. :rolleyes:

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
I wouldn't mind going down it on a bike but I wouldn't want to have to ride up there in the first place
Did you see the climb on the Tour de Suisse yesterday? 10 kilometres long climb at the end, average of 10%... that looked pretty blinkin painful. By comparison I did one which was 2.8km and had the nastiest 14% gradient for 100 metres right at the very end.. I took my time. :smile:

stephec

Squire
Did you see the climb on the Tour de Suisse yesterday? 10 kilometres long climb at the end, average of 10%... that looked pretty blinkin painful. By comparison I did one which was 2.8km and had the nastiest 14% gradient for 100 metres right at the very end.. I took my time. :smile:
I don't like riding up any slope that's steep enough to let you freewheel down at over 20mph.

stephec

Squire
Here's the last clue then.

IMAG0443.jpg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I don't like riding up any slope that's steep enough to let you freewheel down at over 20mph.
Better not move here then! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom