Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Morning all.
On second cup of tea and wondering how long my back is going to ache for.
Off to Cycles UK after 1st dog today, for a bit of a look see about positioning etc. Meanwhile Hubster is off to the place we got my iPod from as my laptop cannot see it at all. We've tried the cable that came with plus every iPod cable in the house (we have 4 altogether) and nada. It's charged but it cannot see iTunes or vice versa. Dischuffed, to say the least.
2 grooms today, one walk and one disgruntled customer as I won't walk his dog for an hour on Bank Hol Saturday, Bank Hol Sunday and Bank Hol Monday at regular rates. Actually I won't walk their dog on those days at all. I have the entire weekend blocked out and am selfishly going to ignore all my customer's needs and go out and play. Stuff 'em.

classic33

Leg End Member
Lost Poem.jpg

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
GA everyone, :sun:
MrsD had unexpected (to me) day off so I persuaded her to join me for a pootle on bikes, we've set some PB's on the way (I have never been that slow on any of the segments I've set up before) had a 2 hour pub lunch in the sun with my parents, who walked the 3 miles to the pub we met at, while we managed a round trip of 20 miles on the bikes... she's asleep on the sofa now... I might have broken her a bit. :whistle:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Afternoon everyone. A bit dull here today, but went out for a pootle this afternoon, but then it started to rain. Oh well. But at least I got out. Very dark here now. It may rain again but never mind we need the rain. Coffee makes everything better though.

I hope everyone has had a good day.

Saluki

Back from W now. I got back an hour or so ago but have deleted iTunes from my PC and now setting it back up. It seems to be falling over so I got rid and started again. All that waiting about is boring.
Talking of waiting about. I got to my 3.30pm grooming appointment today at 10 past 3 and knocked on the door. I texted them to let them know I was there early and then I proceeded to wait. I waited until 3:31 and then came home. 4:10 I get a call "will I go back as they are home now" err, no I bloody won't and I haven't got another appointment this side of October for them either. Apparently their dog is hot and bothered and desperate for a groom. Maybe they should have been there by 3.30 for their appointment then. Apparently, the hair cut is an emergency. Poor preparation on their part, does not constitute and emergency on mine. I wished them luck finding another groomer to muck about.
And breathe.

Saluki

Customer has been back on the phone. Can I go tonight :eek::rofl:Yeah right!
Customer then rang back again and he says that his wife said that it would be convenient for her if I came tomorrow :rofl: Oh dear Lord, I thought that was so funny. Obviously I only have one customer and I sit by the phone just dying for them to ring me don't I. Wazzock!

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
You see @Saluki, that there is a rant worth writing out, putting on a blog (under an assumed name if desired) and standing back to let either other people laugh their bits off at it, or not, but at least it's out of you, thought about and then not inside you still. Makes me smile! :smile: See..

Saluki

You see @Saluki, that there is a rant worth writing out, putting on a blog (under an assumed name if desired) and standing back to let either other people laugh their bits off at it, or not, but at least it's out of you, thought about and then not inside you still. Makes me smile! :smile: See..
I have a cycling blog and have the occasional work related whinge on there. All us groomers moan to each other as many customers think that we are failed hairdressers and therefore a bit thick so it's OK to mess us about, surely. Some of the customers are of the opinion that "we are only women" so not really in business at all. I'm sure that the customer who failed to show today thinks that I am a right cow but I don't care. I'd rather be a right cow than a time waster.

When I write my cycling blog later, I might well add the works story in ^_^

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Right, off to browse some ladies proper road bikes. Although she likes the Pendleton Darby thing, and to be fair it's actually quite well thought out for the money, I'm keen to get MrsD addicted. For that I think she'll enjoy it more if she's not trying to push 15-17kg of bike around Devon terrain. :rolleyes:
Position is a big thing with her, she was a rower and now her shoulders don't take much weight because I think she wore them out through some form of RSI type injury.
OK, laters...:hello:

Saluki

Hubster just put my iPod on charge, you know the one that went through the hot wash the other day. To his astonishment it didn't fuse the house electrics (it's been on the south facing windowsill since the 'incident' and the little apple sign lit up. I got brave and pressed the on/off button and not only did it light up, it played "The Masses Against the Classes" at me perfectly. The screen does look a little smeary but I can live with smeary. My iPod is now in a big jug of dry rice and back on the windowsill for a couple of days.
The new (to us) iPod refuses to work as it's synched with another iTunes library and its 'locked' apparently so we can't flash it back to factory settings. That iPod is back off to the shop for a refund tomorrow. Bloody thing.

classic33

Leg End Member
GA everyone, :sun:
MrsD had unexpected (to me) day off so I persuaded her to join me for a pootle on bikes, we've set some PB's on the way (I have never been that slow on any of the segments I've set up before) had a 2 hour pub lunch in the sun with my parents, who walked the 3 miles to the pub we met at, while we managed a round trip of 20 miles on the bikes... she's asleep on the sofa now... I might have broken her a bit. :whistle:
Can you rebuild her though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom