Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Are you offering to help?
Well tha'll not be "helping".

classic33

Leg End Member
Forget the rat race OR now we know why the chicken
Chicken Race.jpg

MikeG

Guru
On my trans-Africa drive in '94-'94, we battled to get out of Nigeria and into Cameroun.......ending up in no-man's land between the two overnight. There were a couple of other cars and a truck in there. We parked alongside the truck, and set up camp, when we were joined by the secret policeman who had saved our bacon half-way through the public strip search I was undergoing. Anyway, we offered him a warm beer from our tiny stash, and he laughed, said thanks, waved it away, and called out to the truck driver of the vehicle next to us. A moment later the guy arrived with a full crate of Guinness!!

Turns out it was a Guinness truck, which had been stuck in no-man's land for 3 months, and had given away nearly half his load in exchange for food and so on, whilst he waited for his boss to send papers. So, with monkeys overhead, jungle all around, near 100% humidity, and 40 degree heat, we had a Guinness fuelled party, the only white guys for hundreds of miles around sharing a toast to the Irish with a secret policeman and half a dozen other stranded Africans. Happy days!!!!!

stephec

Squire
On my trans-Africa drive in '94-'94, we battled to get out of Nigeria and into Cameroun.......ending up in no-man's land between the two overnight. There were a couple of other cars and a truck in there. We parked alongside the truck, and set up camp, when we were joined by the secret policeman who had saved our bacon half-way through the public strip search I was undergoing. Anyway, we offered him a warm beer from our tiny stash, and he laughed, said thanks, waved it away, and called out to the truck driver of the vehicle next to us. A moment later the guy arrived with a full crate of Guinness!!

Turns out it was a Guinness truck, which had been stuck in no-man's land for 3 months, and had given away nearly half his load in exchange for food and so on, whilst he waited for his boss to send papers. So, with monkeys overhead, jungle all around, near 100% humidity, and 40 degree heat, we had a Guinness fuelled party, the only white guys for hundreds of miles around sharing a toast to the Irish with a secret policeman and half a dozen other stranded Africans. Happy days!!!!!
Was that the African made Guinness that's about five or six percent?

classic33

Leg End Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom