Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
Managed beans on toast and a large cappuccino and all was fine after the uncertain start to the day. The legs were a bit dull on the way home, but I hung on and got back with a decent average speed :smile:
I'm known at '10 to 11' or '10.50' as everything I normally do ia an average 10 or 11 mph...

if 5:2 is good, wonder if it will help me? no, I need to stop eating first:whistle:

stephec

Squire
Fills the lycra well :smile:
Just like all the best driving roads, they have plenty of curves in them.

I remember once I think I slightly offended someone by saying, "I like something well upholstered, it feels lovely when you sink into it."

I don't think she saw the joke. :biggrin:

Justiffa

Hi everyone… i'm back and yes finally, i'm cycling again yayyyyyyy :bicycle::girldance:

Its been a looong 3 months indeed

Ride.jpg

stephec

Squire
Oh I do. I've shifted 1 stone & 2lbs in 4 weeks. Since I fell over and bashed my head (29th June) and realised how hideously fat and miserable I had got I have been cycling more, eating better and generally have had a better feeling of wellbeing. I had a heck of a lump on my head but it's not seemed to have done any harm. I have stolen Hubster's bib shorts as mine are too big now. He's not noticed that his brand new and unworn bibs are missing from his cycling shelf and that they seem to be wrapped around me most evenings.
Interestingly my guitar playing has improved too. Surely that's not the lycra :laugh:
Isn't it generally thought of as 4lb a week being at the upper end of realistic weight loss?

You're spot on there. :smile:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I'm known at '10 to 11' or '10.50' as everything I normally do ia an average 10 or 11 mph...

if 5:2 is good, wonder if it will help me? no, I need to stop eating first:whistle:
I tried 5:2 a few months back and after the first fast day I was bloody starving and felt seriously weak and wobbly so I thought that I would have another go further down the road. After a couple of weeks of really watching what I was eating and logging my food on Sparkpeople, I had another go and it wasn't nearly as hideous as it was that first time. The second fast day was better than the first. Now they are a breeze. Mind you, 18.5 miles yesterday, on a fast day, might not have been my best idea but I thought that the route was shorter.
The "I can eat what I like tomorrow" manta really works. Next fast day is Tuesday, you coming with me?

Saluki

Isn't it generally thought of as 4lb a week being at the upper end of realistic weight loss?

You're spot on there. :smile:
It is but the first 2 weeks were better than the second 2 weeks. The first 2 weeks are often quite marked and then there is a sort of levelling out once your body has got over the shock of less cake and more salad.:hungry::laugh:

Saluki

Hi everyone… i'm back and yes finally, i'm cycling again yayyyyyyy :bicycle::girldance:

Its been a looong 3 months indeed

View attachment 48318
Hey. Nice to see you back. It's been a while.
Lovely pic.

Bobby Mhor

Guru
I tried 5:2 a few months back and after the first fast day I was bloody starving and felt seriously weak and wobbly so I thought that I would have another go further down the road. After a couple of weeks of really watching what I was eating and logging my food on Sparkpeople, I had another go and it wasn't nearly as hideous as it was that first time. The second fast day was better than the first. Now they are a breeze. Mind you, 18.5 miles yesterday, on a fast day, might not have been my best idea but I thought that the route was shorter.
The "I can eat what I like tomorrow" manta really works. Next fast day is Tuesday, you coming with me?
I don't think I could starve for a day....says he now munching a 'Magnum':rolleyes:
I normally do a 'version' of the Harcombe Diet if I want to lose..
I will psyche myself into it..
Good luck to ya though, keep going..:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom