Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Squire
I will be entirely rebuilding it, and I'll do it myself. I built the house we live in now, and our previous house.........and bar the plumbing, electrics and plastering, I do all the work myself. Oh, and I got a thatcher in to do our current house (yep, it's a new house with a thatched roof). I'm possibly a bit more practical than your typical architect.
Is that as well as working full time?

MikeG

Guru
Pleased for you -though can't shake the feeling you might not be getting out on your bike quite as much for the next few months .

Thanks........and you're right. I think cycling will suffer a bit, which is a pity as I am the fittest I've been for a year or two.

stephec

Squire
Try an 18 hour day? Doesn't include travelling there or breaks either.

And in your best delmonte voice voice you said yes.
My record is leving home at 05:00 and driving down to the east end, working until 19:00, then ending up in a hotel in Leicester at 21:30.

Pays the mortgage though. :smile:

stephec

Squire
No, I'll cut down on the amount of drawing I do. One of the reasons I have been looking for a project like this for the last 18 months is that I am getting a bit tired of just sitting drawing. I shall just be a bit selective about work I take on, maybe limiting work to a day or so a week.
Are you doing all the internals as well, plastering, electrics, joinery?

MikeG

Guru
Are you doing all the internals as well, plastering, electrics, joinery?

Joinery yes. Plumbing will be pressurised, so needs to be done by a certified plumber to comply with Regs, and the same principle with the electrics. I will be doing everything else except the plastering.

MikeG

Guru
Do you not know a friendly electrician who can certify your work for you?
This job will involve re-siting the consumer unit, (maybe twice), bringing in a new mains supply, connecting an earth for the first time, and supplying power to outbuildings via underground cables. By the time I have got an electrician to do the live stuff, and the consumer unit & earth, it is merely the job of an afternoon to run a ring main and a couple of lighting scircuits.

stephec

Squire
This job will involve re-siting the consumer unit, (maybe twice), bringing in a new mains supply, connecting an earth for the first time, and supplying power to outbuildings via underground cables. By the time I have got an electrician to do the live stuff, and the consumer unit & earth, it is merely the job of an afternoon to run a ring main and a couple of lighting scircuits.

What is it, an eightenth century stable?

I'm going all faint at the thought of it. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom