Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
Today could turn out to be one of the more important in recent times. I had a meeting with the Planners about my proposals for the house we're buying (I posted about it on here a few days ago). Well, it went very well, and whilst I am going to have to squeeze the proposed extension a little bit, it is well within what I was expecting. This means we are full steam ahead.......so smiles all round at the moment!

Now, we just have the minor irritation of not having any plumbing or heating in the place, and having a septic tank which appears to have collapsed.

MikeG

Guru
You used to be able to find these big Red steel & glass box like constructions that you put your spare change in!
With proper turny-dial thingies. Yep, I know them. Usually smelt of urine..........

stephec

Squire
Today could turn out to be one of the more important in recent times. I had a meeting with the Planners about my proposals for the house we're buying (I posted about it on here a few days ago). Well, it went very well, and whilst I am going to have to squeeze the proposed extension a little bit, it is well within what I was expecting. This means we are full steam ahead.......so smiles all round at the moment!

Now, we just have the minor irritation of not having any plumbing or heating in the place, and having a septic tank which appears to have collapsed.
A bit too much for that one hour makeover show by the sound of it?

MikeG

Guru
No le, meaning not all there?
Oh, I see. An app is a half eaten apple. In the same way as a bana would be a half eaten banana?

MikeG

Guru
A bit too much for that one hour makeover show by the sound of it?
Yep. It'll take a while to sort this one out.

Here is what it looks like now, and here is what we hoped to do with it. I'm adjusting this sketch as we speak. I'll have to strip it to the frame, put a new roof on it, install new windows, and build a new plinth. Oh, and I'll probably have to put some foundations under it too.

stephec

Squire
Yep. It'll take a while to sort this one out.

Here is what it looks like now, and here is what we hoped to do with it. I'm adjusting this sketch as we speak. I'll have to strip it to the frame, put a new roof on it, install new windows, and build a new plinth. Oh, and I'll probably have to put some foundations under it too.
That's sounds like you're almost rebuilding it.

Who's doing the physical graft bit?

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel

Pleased for you -though can't shake the feeling you might not be getting out on your bike quite as much for the next few months (unless you tell Mrs G you are off to B&Q).

MikeG

Guru
That's sounds like you're almost rebuilding it.

Who's doing the physical graft bit?

I will be entirely rebuilding it, and I'll do it myself. I built the house we live in now, and our previous house.........and bar the plumbing, electrics and plastering, I do all the work myself. Oh, and I got a thatcher in to do our current house (yep, it's a new house with a thatched roof). I'm possibly a bit more practical than your typical architect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom