Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Squire
A full day usually, stop overs are rare as they like engineers to be close to the major sites in their home area, mine are in Swindon, Bath, Bristol, Cardiff and Swansea.
Until we got regional engineers we used to do at least a night a week away as well as the foreign stuff, I used to like a trip down to Bodmin and Redruth.

We stayed in a place called the Penventon in Redruth about fifteen years ago, and there was a dinner club on that night, just like the posh dining night in Fawlty Towers.

I was waiting in the bar for my mate when the waitress came to an elderly couple sat next to me in their finery and said, "your tables ready when ever's convenient."

The guy replied, "oh splendid, shall we dear?"

She then turns to me and says, "are you dining with us sir?"

I looked down at my jeans and T shirt and looked back up, we both smiled and she nodded and walked away.

Absolutely spiffing. :biggrin:

solitaire

Über Member
Evening everybody, hopefully you've all had a good day?
Crikey! I'm knackered, hard work looking after all those doggies, physically and emotionally,
you try not to get attached but...................It's impossible!
boney dog.jpg :hello:

solitaire

Über Member
I
Until we got regional engineers we used to do at least a night a week away as well as the foreign stuff, I used to like a trip down to Bodmin and Redruth.

We stayed in a place called the Penventon in Redruth about fifteen years ago, and there was a dinner club on that night, just like the posh dining night in Fawlty Towers.

I was waiting in the bar for my mate when the waitress came to an elderly couple sat next to me in their finery and said, "your tables ready when ever's convenient."

The guy replied, "oh splendid, shall we dear?"

She then turns to me and says, "are you dining with us sir?"

I looked down at my jeans and T shirt and looked back up, we both smiled and she nodded and walked away.

Absolutely spiffing. :biggrin:
went to the Penventon last year, very grand

solitaire

Über Member
Is it a heinz?
No a lovable little spaniel called Jess.......she's a beauty :smile:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Well! I got my 2 boys at home but there is one that if she's still there Christmas eve then I am gonna foster her for Xmas,
we all know though that if that happens, she won't be going back there :thumbsup:
Ah. A failed fosterer then. We are the most rubbish fosterers ever. Our wee JRT only came in for a few weeks over Christmas. Had her 8 years now. My Millie dog was 'on a trial' from Lifeline Dogs. Then they folded and closed their doors forever at 5pm on the day that I collected her. I've had 14 years, 3 months and 22 days of my trial dog now. I think that I'll probably keep her but don't want to rush to a decision, obviously.
We had a Saluki on foster who died of old age after 5 1/2 years. Technically he was a foster but we knew that he was going nowhere, sofa-wise, without me.
You can never have too much love in your life. The more dogs you have, the more love you have in your life (and poo, bad breath, hair as a condiment on your dinner........)

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Glad to see you not rushing into anything :rofl:
I take a photo tomorrow and post it tomorrow night
Good oh.

Rushing decisions that last the rest of a dog's life is just foolhardy and not fair on the dog.

I love my Millie dog more than life. Hubster knows that I love her more than I love him. I've had her longer. She sleeps on the bed, she's currently next to me on the sofa. She rides (in her harness) in the front passenger seat when it's just us, she's been hiking and camping with me - we did the Devon/Cornwall coastal walk one year together. I adore every little hair on her.:wub::wub::wub:

solitaire

Über Member
Ah. A failed fosterer then. We are the most rubbish fosterers ever. Our wee JRT only came in for a few weeks over Christmas. Had her 8 years now. My Millie dog was 'on a trial' from Lifeline Dogs. Then they folded and closed their doors forever at 5pm on the day that I collected her. I've had 14 years, 3 months and 22 days of my trial dog now. I think that I'll probably keep her but don't want to rush to a decision, obviously.
We had a Saluki on foster who died of old age after 5 1/2 years. Technically he was a foster but we knew that he was going nowhere, sofa-wise, without me.
You can never have too much love in your life. The more dogs you have, the more love you have in your life (and poo, bad breath, hair as a condiment on your dinner........)
Does me the power of good to read things like that, I see so many sad situations working there, then I come across someone like you and it restores my faith.
Some dogs get lucky, unfortunately some aren't so lucky and end up with people who should never be allowed near an animal.
Hopefully, we outnumber the B@#tards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom