Tea? (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
You need to learn how to stretch that first job out, let me know if you want any tips. :smile:

What is it you look after?

There's no simple answer to that one, but anything from basic Internet infrastructure, routers, modems, VOIP telephony, computer systems, security services, credit card payment services, signs, signposts, Variable message signs, safety barriers, security barriers.

stephec

Squire
There's no simple answer to that one, but anything from basic Internet infrastructure, routers, modems, VOIP telephony, computer systems, security services, credit card payment services, signs, signposts, Variable message signs, safety barriers, security barriers.
Are they the ones where you're expected to get in and out as quick as possible?

stephec

Squire
I wouldnt say that. Stop exaggerating for goodness sake. Talk about sycophantic or what xx( :laugh:
That's a big word, just give me half an hour........

stephec

Squire
Not sure, sometimes the customers have strange ideas about how people should use the equipment, all we do is supply what they want although we try to put them off really bad ideas, doesn't always work though.

I look after metal detection and checkweighing equipment.

There's not many breakdowns that can be done in an hour as it's mainly food and pharmaceutical industry, if one of them fails they're usually a bit twitchy about it so you can blow some time on the quick fixes by watching it in production for an hour or two after you've finished. :smile:

Commissioning jobs are all day, but routine services can be nice little jollies, even if you have to drive for three hours each way. :biggrin:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I look after metal detection and checkweighing equipment.

There's not many breakdowns that can be done in an hour as it's mainly food and pharmaceutical industry, if one of them fails they're usually a bit twitchy about it so you can blow some time on the quick fixes by watching it in production for an hour or two after you've finished. :smile:

Commissioning jobs are all day, but routine services can be nice little jollies, even if you have to drive for three hours each way. :biggrin:

I get some nice trips occasionally, I like the trip to Axminster swimming pool, it takes a couple of hours driving around sleepy Somerset, for 20 minutes work. Sometimes I'm sent to a little cafe by a beach just past Penzance, which is 8 hours driving for 20 minutes of work..

stephec

Squire
I get some nice trips occasionally, I like the trip to Axminster swimming pool, it takes a couple of hours driving around sleepy Somerset, for 20 minutes work. Sometimes I'm sent to a little cafe by a beach just past Penzance, which is 8 hours driving for 20 minutes of work..

Do you do Penzance as a full day, or stop over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom