Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
@somewhere in america, do you know if it's the version made by the BBC or ITV? The BBC made the better versions with Joan Hickson as Miss Marple.:thumbsup: These were all set in the 1950's.

I will have to ask her. She rents them from netflix.... my guess is they would be the BBC since it's more well known. She did mention they were filmed in the 90's.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Didn't Agatha Christie write those stories over the course of many decades, like Hercules Poirot?
Yes, and the books were contemporary to when they were published. The film and TV adaptations tend to pick one era and stick to it (with some exceptions of course) so the TV Poirot stories are all 1930's and the Miss Marple ones usually stick to the '50s.

I will have to ask her. She rents them from netflix.... my guess is they would be the BBC since it's more well known. She did mention they were filmed in the 90's.
That does sound like the BBC ones - they were excellent.

Funnily enough the railway photo I posted earlier today is at a location used in the filming.:thumbsup:

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
I just finished reading a book that mostly takes place in Oxford, specifically the very old library there that I guess is real and quite famous but can't remember the name of it offhand. Anyway, I'd heard of "All Souls" before but I never knew it was both a date and an exclusive fellowship at Oxford...
the book was great and I enjoyed the author's imagery when describing the library, the colleges, the town and the river (incidentally, the main character enjoyed rowing in the mornings, made me want to do it even though the boat was too narrow for me)

classic33

Leg End Member
300px-44949_Manchester_Victoria.jpg

'Nuff Said
"The Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Regt."

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
The camper is clean, the shed is nearly empty (except for yard sale stuff). The tent is up (in case I sell the camper before the yard sale on Friday). The ex bf will be here tonight. Tomorrow we have to do a little "fettling" with the roof in the front. Take all the trash (and I have truck load of it) to the convenience center. Need to buy a new shower head since the old one broke when the water froze. Also need to buy 3 rubbermaid containers so I can pack everything in something waterproof (since we're driving the bf's truck).
the shed people are scheduled to pick it up on Saturday.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The camper is clean, the shed is nearly empty (except for yard sale stuff). The tent is up (in case I sell the camper before the yard sale on Friday). The ex bf will be here tonight. Tomorrow we have to do a little "fettling" with the roof in the front. Take all the trash (and I have truck load of it) to the convenience center. Need to buy a new shower head since the old one broke when the water froze. Also need to buy 3 more rubbermaid containers so I can pack everything in something waterproof (since we're driving the bf's truck)

Good luck

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
The camper is clean, the shed is nearly empty (except for yard sale stuff). The tent is up (in case I sell the camper before the yard sale on Friday). The ex bf will be here tonight. Tomorrow we have to do a little "fettling" with the roof in the front. Take all the trash (and I have truck load of it) to the convenience center. Need to buy a new shower head since the old one broke when the water froze. Also need to buy 3 rubbermaid containers so I can pack everything in something waterproof (since we're driving the bf's truck).
the shed people are scheduled to pick it up on Saturday.
Best of luck with it.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom