Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
That's 120 minutes on hot for 'cupboard dry' or 90 minutes for 'ready to iron'...

I was thinking more along the lines of "rode hard, put away wet"

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Was it in canada where Doug asked if they sold buffs in one shop and they looked at him like he had come from another planet?
It was. Can't recall if it was in Banff or Jasper - probably Banff, before he had the snowboarding lesson. I don't think Buffs had been introduced to the Canadian market at that point so they thought he was taking the mick.:giggle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Not really, us female Americans seem to enjoy a good tumble with a scotsman in a kilt.
An American woman, curious about rumours she'd heard, asks a cheeky question of a Scotsman ...

"Tell me sir, is anything worn under the kilt?"

He glares back at the woman and replies ....

"Och no, madam, it is all in perfect working order!"

:laugh:

I worked for a woman from Scotland and I didn't have any difficulty understanding her, but she was from Edinburg, so maybe that has something to do with it...
You left the 'h' off - Edinburgh!

I'm okay with the Edinburgh accent, but I struggle to understand the Glasgow accent. Glasgow is only about 45 miles from Edinburgh but the accents are very different. My mother came from only about 75 miles NW of Glasgow but she struggled with it too.

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
It was. Can't recall if it was in Banff or Jasper - probably Banff, before he had the snowboarding lesson. I don't think Buffs had been introduced to the Canadian market at that point so they thought he was taking the mick.:giggle:

Well I've never heard of them and Canada is a bit closer then you lot. But I'm not much up on trends and fads so I shall ask my cycling KIA friend in Ohio. If he hasn't heard of it....

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
An American woman, curious about rumours she'd heard, asks a cheeky question of a Scotsman ...

I'm okay with the Edinburgh accent, but I struggle to understand the Glasgow accent. Glasgow is only about 45 miles from Edinburgh but the accents are very different. My mother came from only about 75 miles NW of Glasgow but she struggled with it too.
No one can understand what the Scots say

potsy

Rambler
Just seen this on my local weather forecast View attachment 32495 never seen this before and had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't snow. Apparently it's drizzle.
I noticed that symbol today too, had to look the meaning up, we get a lot of it up here :thumbsup:

Hey @ColinJ how many calories are there in a largish navel orange?
I might have gone over my allowance if it's more than 50 :unsure:

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
The best "BBC English" apparently is spoken on the north west coast of scotland. Around here some speak the Doric which is another story altogether. There used to be a popular out take in black and white film of a BBC correspondent trying to interview a Peterhead fisherman, absolutely hilarious. Job for Classic, perfect man for the task, must exist on t'internet somewhere, can you find it for me please.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Listening to the news, I have just been informed that there is a covering of snow on Mount Snowdon

Don't be rude either.

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
I don

Ha ha.... well serves her right for asking the wrong question!

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
The best "BBC English" apparently is spoken on the north west coast of scotland. Around here some speak the Doric which is another story altogether. There used to be a popular out take in black and white film of a BBC correspondent trying to interview a Peterhead fisherman, absolutely hilarious. Job for Classic, perfect man for the task, must exist on t'internet somewhere, can you find it for me please.
Isn't that Inverness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom