Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Suns out now, somebody pass me my sunglasses :becool:
For the time being!!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
@rbreid

I have just looked up Insch on the map, and in Bing images. I have visited that part of Scotland, a long time ago. The names Glenlivet and Tomintoul ring a Bell. :cheers:

Also is there a Heritage railway at Banchory? Elgin was lovely as well. ^_^

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
@rbreid

I have just looked up Insch on the map, and in Bing images. I have visited that part of Scotland, a long time ago. The names Glenlivet and Tomintoul ring a Bell. :cheers:

Also is there a Heritage railway at Banchory? Elgin was lovely as well. ^_^
Yes there is a heritage railway setup near banchory still somewhat in its infancy I believe. Most of the line from Aberdeen to Ballater is walk/cycle path now and very popular. Tomintoul used to be my lunch stop on a sunday run a long long time ago. Don't remember an owl passing itself off as human though, must have missed your visit^_^

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Instead of putting the fragile items safely in a box, there is now a cat in the afore-mentionned box. :rolleyes: Fortunately I am not short of cardboard boxes, there is always some use for them. Or the damaged, dirty ones go in the compost heap.
Ooh, just remembered I've not shared this:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I seem to recall visiting some distilleries with a group of railway enthusiasts. Strangely:secret: most of the group did not like to taste the end-product from the distilleries. :scratch: Therefore, as it would have been rude to waste the opportunities for tasting the alcoholic refreshment, some of us had to bravely drink two lots of the samples offered. :cheers:

Lullabelle

Banana
Don't apologise. I counted the "left over" but new cards last December, and put a note in my diary for 1st December this year. Otherwise I see lovely cards in December and end up with too many. I buy my cards from the Acorns charity shop as they seem to have the lully* ones.

Some people get a Ecard from me, should I apologise for that? :blush:

I have bought one Christmas pressie already, a subscription to Radio Times for my Mother which will be sent in the post to her each week. She listens to the radio a lot, and likes to have the details of the programmes. There was a special offer of nine issues for ninety pence, to celebrate ninety years of the Radio Times, the subscription follows on from that, renewable every six months.

I refuse point blank to do my shopping for presents when the shops are packed with peeps nearer Christmas. Not that I buy many presents, and most of them are boxes of chocs, or wine or whiskey. Tasha and Bob will, of course be buying me some pressies. ^_^

* a word picked up from @Puddles

We bought 10 cards from the RNLI in Aldeburgh last month as we like to give them money, we buy a big card for my folks and a big card for TVC's eldest brother and his wife, for everyone else we buy mixed boxes of charity cards from M&S. Last year they did some lovely 3d cards, something a bit different.

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
I seem to recall visiting some distilleries with a group of railway enthusiasts. Strangely:secret: most of the group did not like to taste the end-product from the distilleries. :scratch: Therefore, as it would have been rude to waste the opportunities for tasting the alcoholic refreshment, some of us had to bravely drink two lots of the samples offered. :cheers:
OH! The drunk owl....now I remember:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom