Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yes, I know it is still early but I like to plan ahead. I have counted out how many Xmas cards we have so I know how many to buy this year. Sorry but I like to be organised.

Don't apologise. I counted the "left over" but new cards last December, and put a note in my diary for 1st December this year. Otherwise I see lovely cards in December and end up with too many. I buy my cards from the Acorns charity shop as they seem to have the lully* ones.

Some people get a Ecard from me, should I apologise for that? :blush:

I have bought one Christmas pressie already, a subscription to Radio Times for my Mother which will be sent in the post to her each week. She listens to the radio a lot, and likes to have the details of the programmes. There was a special offer of nine issues for ninety pence, to celebrate ninety years of the Radio Times, the subscription follows on from that, renewable every six months.

I refuse point blank to do my shopping for presents when the shops are packed with peeps nearer Christmas. Not that I buy many presents, and most of them are boxes of chocs, or wine or whiskey. Tasha and Bob will, of course be buying me some pressies. ^_^

* a word picked up from @Puddles

Last edited:

potsy

Rambler
Grey and :rain: here......
On the M.E.N. website, somewhere in Mancs today

BYobS3jIMAA2gC1-6288116.jpg

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Btw, on this thread we were talking about Gas central heating boilers. I was able to talk to a very helpful man at British Gas, who looked at the engineer's report about my Mother's gas boiler. It does not need replacing, and it is working fine. It was making a noise because the temperature was set too high. Thank you to Archie and Rocky for their help.

potsy

Rambler
I'm feeling very righteous - just finished fettling my Surly. I've put on a new chain, new pedals, new brake blocks and now all I want is a volunteer to come round and clean it for me :giggle:

Any takers?
@fossyant usually needs something to do while he's off work, I would offer myself but I have my own to do later :angel:

potsy

Rambler
Bob has just had his first exploration of the garden. He found the hidey place that Tasha likes, and I do not think she was impressed. He was outside for about ten minutes, dashing about and pretending to hunt something. I timed it so that he would want to come back for something to eat, which to his way of thinking is 3pm.
Can we have a pic of them together? :thumbsup:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
@fossyant usually needs something to do while he's off work, I would offer myself but I have my own to do later :angel:

Sorry, I am going to be busy taking anything remotely breakable off a shelf and putting them out of harm's way in a box on the floor. Bob likes to climb on to shelves and push things off. None of the items are particularly valuable, but I do not want them broken. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom