Tea? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As for mugs and Araldite ... I thought the Araldite had done the trick. The handle felt quite solid this morning until I made tea in the mug, and then the bond softened! I am now back where I started, only with blobs of superglue and Araldite smeared all over my mug ... and its loose handle.

On top of which ... I nearly gassed myself with acetone-based nail polish(varnish?) remover, and now have a fleece jacket with bits of solid superglue on it, bits of fleece worn away by rubbing, and stinking of acetone!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Im just catching up on er Emmerdale :whistle: and Lorraine Chase is back as her character Steph.

This woman never ages, how does she do it ?
I went for a blood test on the 15th October. As expected (because I was feeling a bit 'clotty'), it turned out that my Warfarin dose needed to be increased.

I got a letter the next day telling me what to change it to, and instructing me to have another test done on Tuesday 29/10/13.

Well, I read the '10' but thought 'November'. I did notice that the 29th November is a Friday, but instead of thinking 'Oh, silly me, my blood test is actually in 2 weeks time, in October', I thought 'They should check their calendars - the 29th of November is a Friday. Oh, and I am annoyed that they will have not tested me for 7 weeks after changing my prescription'!

So here I am, feeling like my dose is still too low, and getting annoyed about the long wait for the next blood test, and then the penny dropped - I should have had it done yesterday!

Ooops can't you phone them and say you felt as weak as a kitten and got it wrong and could you just pop in ................. tomorrow ?

classic33

Leg End Member
As for mugs and Araldite ... I thought the Araldite had done the trick. The handle felt quite solid this morning until I made tea in the mug, and then the bond softened! I am now back where I started, only with blobs of superglue and Araldite smeared all over my mug ... and its loose handle.

On top of which ... I nearly gassed myself with acetone-based nail polish(varnish?) remover, and now have a fleece jacket with bits of solid superglue on it, bits of fleece worn away by rubbing, and stinking of acetone!
Not guaranteed to work, but worth a try. Put the fleece inside a sealed plastic bag & place it in the freezer. You should be able to unpick the superglue upon removing it from the freezer. Might take more than one go depending on the amount & area covered.

classic33

Leg End Member
Im just catching up on er Emmerdale :whistle: and Lorraine Chase is back as her character Steph.

This woman never ages, how does she do it ?

Ooops can't you phone them and say you felt as weak as a kitten and got it wrong and could you just pop in ................. tomorrow ?
You want to not know who did what?

ColinJ

Tests by prior appointment only at the clinics in the valley, but there is a drop-in at the hospital in Halifax, so that's where I will have to go! If they notice that the date is wrong, I'll just tell them that an idiot told me that the test was next month ... :whistle:

Hopefully, the results will show that I need another increase in the dose because I am still not feeling right and want some more help.

ColinJ

Not guaranteed to work, but worth a try. Put the fleece inside a sealed plastic bag & place it in the freezer. You should be able to unpick the superglue upon removing it from the freezer. Might take more than one go depending on the amount & area covered.
I might give that a go, but the fleece is getting damaged now so I might relegate it to wearing indoors only and start wearing one of my other jackets instead.

PS Yes, that's a plan - the zip is faulty anyway, and I have another jacket which I can wear.

potsy

Rambler
Im just catching up on er Emmerdale
What other rubbish do you watch, my high opinion of you is fading a little :tongue:

I used to watch Eastenders, hated all the northern soaps like Corrie and Emmerdale, liked a bit of Cockney drama though, maybe because it was so true to how I imagine you southerners really are :laugh:

Hill Wimp

Tests by prior appointment only at the clinics in the valley, but there is a drop-in at the hospital in Halifax, so that's where I will have to go! If they notice that the date is wrong, I'll just tell them that an idiot told me that the test was next month ... :whistle:

Hopefully, the results will show that I need another increase in the dose because I am still not feeling right and want some more help.

Make sure they know how unwell you feel Colin and refuse to budge when you get there. Hope you get it sorted quickly.

classic33

Leg End Member

From the same lot that did this 25 Jun 2013!!

Hill Wimp

What other rubbish do you watch, my high opinion of you is fading a little :tongue:

I used to watch Eastenders, hated all the northern soaps like Corrie and Emmerdale, liked a bit of Cockney drama though, maybe because it was so true to how I imagine you southerners really are :laugh:

Eastenders is awful Potsy but i have to say there are many places i have been in London that could have been the film set. London is such a varied city it's a shame people only think of Eastenders as being London.

Don't like Corrie, it's depressing. I like Emmerdale as there is always an element of humour there and the scenery is lovely.

Other than that i am a foreign drama BBC 4 fan i am afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom